Chapter Fourteen - Field Trip

After the incident at the CCT Tower, Ruby was questioned about the attack. However, Cinder's disguise made it virtually impossible for Ozpin to track her down. Alucard and Walter attempt to find a trail, but there was none to follow. The next day, all the students gathered in the Beacon amphitheater, Glynda Goodwitch soon spoke from the stage.

Glynda: Quiet! Quiet please. Professor Ozpin would like to share a few words before we begin.

As the students begin to quiet down, Ozpin began making his speech.

Ozpin: Today we stand together, united. Mistral. Atlas. Vacuo. Vale. The four Kingdoms of Remnant. On this day, nearly eighty years ago, the largest war in recorded history came to an end. It was a war of ignorance, of greed, and of oppression. A war that was about much more than where borders fell or who traded with whom, but about the very idea of individualism itself. We fought for countless reasons, one of which being the destruction of all forms of art and self-expression. And as you are well aware, that was something many could not stand for. As a result, those who opposed this tyranny began naming their children after one of the core aspects of art itself: color. It was their way to demonstrate that not only would they refuse to tolerate this oppression, but neither were the generations to come. And it was a trend that is held to this very day. We encourage individuality, expressionism, and unity through diversity. As I have said, today we stand together, united. But this bond cannot exist without effort. Which is why today, while the rest of the world celebrates peace, Huntsmen and Huntresses will work to uphold it. As first year students, you will be tasked with shadowing a professional Huntsman or Huntress on a mission. Some of you may be taken out of the Kingdom for several days. Others may work within the walls for the rest of the week. But no matter which path you choose, remember to be safe, remember your training, and remember to do your very best.

As Ozpin steps away, all the students began to leave the amphitheater to get their mission. As Ozpin finished his speech, Alucard smiled.

Alucard: Another fine speech, my master.

Walter: I must agree with Alucard, sir.

As all the students set out on their missions, Walter was assigned to work with Team JNPR. Ozpin and Alucard soon overhead Team RWBY talking about doing a restricted mission.

Ozpin: Unfortunately, we determined that the concentration of Grimm was too extreme for first-year students. It seems that particular region is rather popular. In fact, I have the sneaking suspicion that you four will make your way there no matter which job you choose.

Ruby: Um...what makes you say that?

Ozpin: I'm still curious how you all found yourself at the docks last semester. I'm interested to know how you really learned about a hideout in the southeast. And I certainly wonder why witnesses reported seeing robots and rose petals in a dance club some time ago.

Ruby: Um... well...

Ozpin: I doubt I'll ever find the exact answers I'm looking for. So how about this: instead of waiting for you all to break the rules, why don't we just bend them?

Alucard smiled to himself as Ozpin uses his Scroll to grant Team RWBY access to the mission.

Ruby: We won't let you down. Thank you, professor.

Ozpin: Do not thank me for this. Teamwork and persistence have carried you far. But you must understand, the things that await you beyond the protection of the Kingdom will not care. Stay close to your Huntsman at all times, and do exactly as he says. He will be leading you on this mission, and he can have you sent back to Beacon, if he finds your skills to be unsatisfactory. Good luck.

As Team RWBY was about to set out on their mission, Alucard stepped forward.

Alucard: Allow me to accompany them, my master.

Ozpin: Oh? I don't believe that's necessary. They already how a Huntsman assigned to them.

Alucard: I insist, my master. I am eager to see them in action.

Ozpin: If you insist.

With that, Alucard joined Team RWBY in their mission. Soon enough, they made their way to the airship that would take them to Quadrant 5. During the wait, they ran into Team CFVY who appeared run down.

Blake: Velvet? Are you all right?

Velvet: I'm fine. I had Yatsuhashi to look out for me.

Weiss: Your mission was supposed to end a week ago! What happened?

Velvet: Nothing happened. It was just...there were just so many...

As Velvet said this, the members of Team RWBY became worried. Alucard maintained his grin.

Velvet: Oh, but don't worry. You first-years are just shadowing Huntsmen, so you should be fine.

Yang: Right.

Velvet: I should go. Be safe, okay?

Ruby: We can do this. We've never backed down before, and we're not going to start now.

Alucard: Giving up is what kills people. When people reject giving up... they finally win the right to transcend humanity. Never give up, even if it means death... that is the pride and dignity of a true Huntsmen.

Alucard's words had Team RWBY taken aback. In a strange sense, it seemed uplifting.

Ruby: Besides, it won't only be us out there! We'll be fighting alongside two genuine Huntsmen!

Yang: Yeah!

As the members of Team RWBY rallied behind Ruby, they were approached by Doctor Bartholomew Oobleck

Oobleck: Why, hello students! Who's ready to fight for their lives?

In that moment, Team RWBY got on the airship with Alucard and Oobleck. The airship soon took off and began the journey to Quadrant 5. What none of them didn't know was that there was more to this mission than meets the eye.