Chapter Eighty Three - The Long Road Ahead

After their meeting with Ironwood, Alucard and Walter along with Ruby's group were approached by Clover and the Ace-Ops.

Clover: I'd like to sincerely apologize for the miscommunication down in Mantle. We didn't intend to

Elm: I feel so bad, honestly! If we had known who you were, we'd be laughing over a hot meal right now and.....

Ruby: I understand. You were just following orders.

Weiss: I mean you could have asked us some questions first.

Marrow: Questions are for the weak. But we're all on the same team now. Not that I'm happy about it.

As Marrow voiced his displeasure about the situation, Walter steps in. 

Walter: There's no need for such unpleasantries, young one. As you said, we're all on the same team.

Alucard: What more can you say about these Atlesian fools? They're the type to attack first and seldom ask questions. 

Clover: We just wanted to say we're sorry. And that we're looking forward to working with you on our next mission. You might be students, but you've been fighting just as hard as we have, if not harder.

Harriet: Exactly why I'm looking forward to seeing what you kids can do. 

Vine: Not everything's a competition, Hare.

Alucard found this interaction amusing. While he care little for the Atlesian operatives, they at least offered some form of entertainment to the Vampire King. Suddenly, Penny enters the room and invites everyone to explore the Atlas Academy. They accept Penny's offer as she shows them around the campus.

Ruby: This all looks great, Penny. But where are we staying?

Penny: Remember, you're in Atlas now. As the most well-funded school on Remnant, every teen at Atlas Academy gets their own room! And if that wasn't enough....

Ren: So we're staying in the dorms?

Penny: It'll be just like Beacon again!

When Penny said that, it dawned on Ruby's group that their days at Beacon Academy seemed so long ago. Since that day, it seems that all they've been doing is fighting Salem and her allies.

 Ruby: Beacon.....

Yang: It's....it's been so long since Beacon. 

At the same time, Alucard and Walter reminisce about their time at Beacon Academy.

Walter: Beacon, it's been so long since either of us were at Beacon. I wonder how Miss Goodwitch is. 

Alucard: Yes, it has been a long time since Beacon fell. Now here we are, on the verge of total war and chaos. Can feel it, Walter? The aura of the war to come? The war that shall leave scar upon scare upon Remnant?

Walter: Yes. All the players are moving into place. Salem. Millennium. Us. Even the Iscariot Organization. 

Alucard: It shall be a glorious battle indeed, Walter! 

With that, Alucard relished in the war to come while Walter practiced caution. Meanwhile back in Mantle, Schrödinger arrives in Mantle and begins walking the streets of Mantle. He could see the misery on the faces of the people. Schrödinger smiles without a care in the world. He then turns his attention to a large TV screen playing a broadcast of Ironwood.

Ironwood(Broadcast): The Kingdom of Atlas will remain strong, and it will remain safe. That is my promise.

Schrödinger smiles to himself as he looked upon the tired expression of Ironwood. At this point, he knew that the Major would have much fun with Atlas and Mantle. As he walked the streets of Mantle, Schrödinger was stopped by an group of Atlesian Knight-200s.

Atlesian Knight-200: Halt, citizen. Show us your identification.

With a smirk on his face, Schrödinger pulls out his pistol and shoots down the Atlesian Knights with ease. Schrödinger walks away before anyone could see him. As he enters a dark alleyway, he was approached by Watts and Tyrian. 

Watts: Ah. Our Millennium ally has arrived. 

Schrödinger: Doctor Watts and Tyrian Callows! I see you've gotten yourself a new stinger!

Watts: You've caused quite the commotion, Schrödinger. Luckily for you, the cameras didn't see that little stunt of yours. 

Schrödinger: Oh the cameras wouldn't be able to do much anyway! After all, I am everywhere and nowhere.

Watts: I don't suppose you'll tell us why you're here?

As Schrödinger says that, he looks up to the sky. He then glances over to one of the Atlesian warships. The Atlesian warship bore the name Eagle. 

Schrödinger: If you're wondering if it'll interfere with your plans, it won't. 

With that, Schrödinger walks away. When Watts and Tyrian attempt to stop him, Schrödinger vanished without a trace. As Watts and Tyrian move on, Schrödinger reports back to the Major in an undisclosed location.

Schrödinger: Herr Major, I think I've found the perfect vessel for your fleet. An Atlesian warship called the Eagle. 

Major(Comlink): The Eagle, you say? Splendid!

Schrödinger: That's not all. Alucard and the others had arrived at Atlas. They've made contact with General Ironwood. 

Major(Comlink): That was inevitable, Warrant Officer Schrödinger. But with Alucard and the others in Atlas, we can finally move forward with our plans.

Schrödinger: What about Salem?

Major(Comlink): Let them move forward with their plans. They are of no concern to us. But when the time comes, we will aid them as their plans coincide with us. In the meantime, mobilize our agents and have them on standby. As for the Eagle, I will be sending a strike force to take control of it. 

Schrödinger: Understood, Herr Major. 

Major(Comlink): Oh. And one more thing. Once our agents are mobilized, I think it's time you paid Jacques Schnee a visit. 

With that, Schrödinger nods as he ends his call with the Major. In that moment, Millennium had begun moving forward with their plans with their long awaited war.