Chapter One Hundred Twenty Three - A World Of Fairy Tales

As they stand on the hill overlooking the Ever After, Team RWBY takes a moment to process the whimsical land they now found themselves in. Hansel simply observed.

Yang: So are we gonna just stand around thinking about this in silence? Or...?

Ruby: I knew this place is weird, but a fairy tale? I mean that's impossible.

Hansel: How else can you explain....all of this? 

Weiss: What we've seen is improbable, but that doesn't mean we're in an actual fairy tale. Are we seriously entertaining this?

Hansel: Everything about this place reminds me of the places in the stories my parents used to read to me. 

As Weiss tries to find a logical explanation to their surroundings, Hansel seemed surprisingly calm given the situation. 

Ruby: As crazy as it sounds, something about this is familiar.

Blake: The Girl Who Fell Through the World. I... I think we're in the Ever After.

Weiss: Blake, that world is make-believe. It was just part of the story we all read as kids.

Hansel: I mean....can you really question anything at this point? 

Yang: You seem pretty calm about all of this. What gives? 

Hansel: My Papa always taught me that being calm is the best way to handle any situation. It doesn't help if you're panicking. Just take a deep breath and....

As Hansel was about to take a deep breath, a flock of colorful birds burst out of the trees behind the group. Hansel was startled by this as he nearly fell over the edge. Ruby quickly grabs Hansel's coat and pulls him forward. 

Ruby: Are you okay?

Hansel turned to Ruby with a nervous smile. 

Hansel: How embarrassing! But thank you anyway! 

Little: It's not make-believe, it's where I live!

Blake: In the story, Alyx fell from the sky and met with the Hunter Mice, got trapped in vines, fought a Jabberwalker, and got her knife stolen by... A talking raccoon.

Weiss groans and crosses her arms.

Yang: Yeah. And then she beat the Red King at a board game, met the Curious Cat, the Rusted Knight, and finally got through....

Yang and Blake look at the giant tree.

Weiss: So what now? Do we go to the tree? Look for Alyx? Yang's arm? Ruby, you're still missing Crescent Rose.

Little: I'll bet the Jinxy Peddler has it.

Weiss: Who?!

Little yelped and ducked behind Ruby.

Little: The Jinxy Peddler? That's the only talking raccoon I know.

Weiss angrily grumbles to herself.

Blake: Do you know where he might be?

Little: Of course! I'll lead the way right to-

With that, Little guide Team RWBY and Hansel through the forest and into the town where the Jinxy Peddler was located.

Blake: I've been thinking. If we're going to this town, we need to be careful. Alyx didn't know their customs and ended up starting a war among the townsfolk. Trouble followed her everywhere she went.

Yang: Well, yeah. But she was kind of a mean person, right? She lied and cheated her way through most of the book.

Weiss: She was just trying to survive. The morals of those old stories are so simplistic.

Hansel: Weiss has a point. Like us, Alyx was trapped in an unknown world. She didn't have a fairy tale to guide her like we do.

Yang: So you're saying that puts her in the clear? 

Blake: Either way, we need to tread lightly.

Little almost falls as they quickly scurry back on top of Ruby's head. Little stretches.

Little: The town is just up ahead. The Jinxy Peddler always stops by our village before he goes to town.

Yang: Do they steal stuff from you guys too?

Little: Steal? Never. They just take the things we're not looking at. Fair is fair.

Ruby: That's stealing. If they're taking things that don't belong to them, then it's stealing.

Little goes back to sleep.

Weiss: Sounds like a legitimate business person. How did they manage to steal your arm anyway?

Yang: I was knocked out from the fall. When I came to, that sneaky raccoon already grabbed my arm and ran off before I could stop them.

Blake: So would you say they caught you unarmed? How disarming. I guess we'll have to catch...

Hansel giggled at Blake's pun while Blake's and Yang's hands brush against each other, merely inches away. Weiss softly smiles at them.

Weiss: About time.

Ruby: For what?

Weiss: Nothing.

Ruby: Don't worry. We'll find a way outta here and we'll go back home.

Weiss stops walking, Ruby also stops walking and looks at her while Blake and Yang continue walking ahead of the other two.

Ruby: Weiss?

Weiss: It's... It's all gone... There's nothing left for me to go back to... Just like Beacon...

Hansel: You all did the best you could. 

Weiss: But it wasn't enough! We hatched a crazy plan that put a whole kingdom at risk, and we don't even know if we saved the Relics from....

Before they could continue the conversation, they came across a gruesome sight. They saw a Millennium soldier bleeding out on the ground with a gaping hole in his chest. 

Blake: That's....that's a Millennium soldier....

Yang: Guess Alucard did this to him. 

The dying Millennium soldier then looked at the group with a sadistic smile. Team RWBY felt a chill running down their spine as the vampire looked upon them with madness in his eyes. Hansel walked over to the Millennium soldier. 

Ruby: Wait....

Hansel said nothing as he knelt down towards the Millennium soldier. After a moment, the Millennium soldier laughs.

Millennium Soldier: I....I can see it... I can see...Valhalla....so many....have fallen by my hand. It....it was a glorious war....

Without warning, Hansel pulls out his pistol and shoots the Millennium soldier in the head, killing the Nazi Vampire. Hansel took several frantic deep breaths as Team RWBY checked up on Hansel.

Ruby: Are you okay?

Hansel: I'll....I'll be fine. Let's keep going. 

With that, Team RWBY and Hansel continued moving forward. Hansel then glances over to the dead Millennium soldier and smiles. 

Hansel: (Enjoy Valhalla, my friend....)

Ruby remains silent, she simply turns around and walks away. Thunder sounds above, and Weiss proceeds to follow her teammates. Hansel took a deep breath as he and Team RWBY followed Little. For now, all he could do was continue on with the journey.