Chapter Twenty Four - The Vytal Festival

Weeks after the devastating attack on Vale, the Vytal Festival was in full swing. As Ozpin and his allies work to uncover the mystery of Millennium, Cinder and her allies along with Schrödinger continue moving forward with their plans. They watched as Team RWBY scored a victory against Team ABRN. After winning their match, Team RWBY made their way to the Vytal Festival Fairgrounds. There, he meets up with Team RWBY who were eating at a food place. As they ate, Weiss was having trouble paying for the food.

Weiss: What?! How can my card be declined? I was barely into my monthly allowance!

Schrödinger: Perhaps I can be of help, fraulein?

Schrödinger then hands the shop keep some money to pay for Team RWBY's food. Blake was especially happy since she was given a bowl filled with fish.

Weiss: Thank you, Schrödinger. You didn't have to do that. 

Schrödinger: It was my pleasure! A little reward for your hard work!

Ruby: That was awesome fight back there! You and your team just went...

Ruby begins excitedly muttering her feelings while trying to copy the moveset of the fight. Schrödinger couldn't but chuckle at Ruby's childlike excitement. Suddenly, they were approached by Team JNPR.

Jaune: Mind if we join you?

Schrödinger: I really should get going. My team is probably waiting for me! Auf wiedersehen, my friends!

With that, Schrödinger parted ways with Team RWBY. Meanwhile, Emerald and Mercury speak to one another in private.

Mercury: So, how are the new friends?

Emerald: I hate them.

Mercury: Orders are orders.

Emerald: I just... how can they be so happy all the time!?

Mercury: Did you at least get what we want?

Emerald: It's the heiress and the bimbo.

Mercury: Hmm, alright. At least we know who we're working with. Look alive, Em.

As Mercury says this, the two were approached by Schrödinger. Emerald and Mercury had watched Schrödinger interact with Team RWBY.

Emerald: I don't know how you can stand talking to those brats.

Schrödinger: You must really lighten up, Emerald! This is a festival after all!

At this point, Emerald and Mercury grew more and more suspicious of Schrödinger. Meanwhile, Ozpin was continuing fulfilling his duties as Headmaster of Beacon while trying to unravel the mystery of Millennium. Walter soon enters the room. 

Ozpin: Walter, what can I do for you?

Walter: A most unusual letter arrived at the post today. 

Walter then hands Ozpin the letter. Upon receiving the letter, he could see that the letter came from the Iscariot Organization. 

Ozpin: It would appear that members of the Iscariot Organization will be paying our academy a visit. And with information that they said is in our best interest?

Walter: Is it wise to have someone from Iscariot here at Beacon? It could be a trap. 

Ozpin: They wouldn't dare come to enemy territory just to pick a fight. 

Later that day outside Beacon, Winter Schnee and a squadron of Atlesian Knight 200s arrive at Beacon Academy. Winter's little sister Weiss and her fellow teammate Ruby Rose. After Weiss greeted her sister, Weiss began to inquire.