Chapter Thirty Seven - Dark Cabal

Months have passed since the Fall of Beacon and Remnant is vulnerable. In the Land of Darkness, Salem gathers her most trusted allies to discuss their next move. In the room with Salem were her fellow conspirators Arthur Watts and Hazel Rainart as well as her most trusted assassin Tyrian Callows. A recovered Cinder enters the room with Emerald and Mercury at her side. 

Watts: I've half a mind to thank the little girl that bested you.

Tyrian then begins to snicker as he glances over to Cinder.

Tyrian: If I were you, I'd hunt her down. Find her and, well, she took your eye, didn't she?

As Tyrian cackles, Cinder tries to speak, but only a faint whisper could be heard. Emerald leaned in towards to hear her more clearly.

Watts: Pathetic. Why did you even...

Before Watts could finish his sentence, Salem entered the room. All bowed to her with the exception of Darth Jadus. Salem then turned her attention to Watts.

Salem: Watts. Do you find such malignance necessary?

Watts: I apologize, ma'am. I'm not particularly fond of failure.

Salem: Then I see no reason for your cruelty towards young Cinder. She's become our Fall Maiden, destroyed Beacon Tower, and most importantly, killed dear Ozpin. So I'm curious, to what failures are you referring?

Watts: Well, the girl with the Silver Eyes.

Hazel: Yes. We've dealt with their kind before. How is it a novice was able to best one of us?

Watts: My thoughts exactly. Even without her new power, it should have been effortless.

Salem: It is because of the Maiden's power. Make no mistake, Cinder, you hold the key to our victory. But your newfound strength brings with it a crippling weakness. Which is why you will remain by my side as we continue your treatment.

It was at this moment that footsteps were heard. Soon enough, Schrödinger walked into the room much to the surprise of everyone in the room. 

Schrödinger: So this is where you call home? Kind of drab, don't you think? 

Mercury: How the hell did you....

Schrödinger: Must I always repeat myself? I am everywhere and nowhere. 

Salem: So you are the Millennium agent that worked with Cinder. 

Schrödinger: And you must be Salem. I must say, you're much shorter than I expected. 

???: Now where are your manners, Warrant Officer Schrödinger? 

As the voice called out, the Major walks into the room with the Captain and the Doctor standing by his side. He promptly takes a seat at the council table. 

Major: Now then, Warrant Officer Schrödinger, it's time you went back to your mission. I will take it from here. 

Schrödinger nods as he walks out of the room. After a moment, the Major introduces himself to Salem and her inner circle. 

Major: Allow me to introduce myself. I am Major Montana Max, supreme commander of Millennium, the Last Battalion. 

Salem: Why are you here? 

Major: To simply put, I propose an alliance between both our organizations. 

Salem: And what do you have that I could want?

Major: I have been keeping an eye on you for quite some time. I know exactly what you want and I can give it to you. All I ask is that I wage war. A war the likes of which Remnant has not seen in it's entire history!

At this point, Salem becomes intrigued by the Major's offer. It was clear to her that the Major knew more about her plans than Salem's inner circle. The Major glances over to Cinder. He smiles at her while chuckling. The Major's smile made Emerald's skin crawl. Emerald then notices Cinder's gesture and gains Salem's attention.

Salem: Speak, child.

Emerald: She wants to know... What about the girl?

Watts: What about her? Seems to me that this is Cinder's problem, not ours.

At that point, Cinder slams her fists in rage as she glares at Watts.

Salem: That's enough. Tyrian?

Tyrian: Yes, my lady?

Salem: Spring can wait. Find the girl that did this to Cinder. And bring her to me.

Tyrian begins to laugh as he gleefully accepts the mission. Salem then speaks to her allies. 

Major: I already have a field agent close to the Silver Eyed Girl. He awaits my orders on what to do with her. 

As the Major says this, Cinder was visibly seething in rage. The Major relished in Cinder's anger. The Major's smile made Cinder want to kill him even more. 

Major: What do you say, Salem? Shall we join forces and wage a glorious war as equals?

The Major extended his hand to Salem. Salem took a moment to think over the Major's offer. While she didn't trust him, Salem saw in both the Major and Millennium as a means to wage war on Remnant and bring her one step close to her own master plan.

Salem: Very well, Major. I accept your offer. 

In that moment, Salem's Inner Circle and Millennium joined forces. Many within Salem's Inner Circle were hesitant about an alliance with Millennium. 

Major: Wunderbar! I am looking forward to waging a glorious war with you, Salem! 

As the Major shook hands with Salem, an alliance was born. With his business here concluded, the Major walks away. But when he passes Cinder, the Major glances at her. Cinder felt a great rage building up inside her. Though he said nothing, it was clear to Cinder that the Major looked down on her. As for the Major, he and his subordinates boarded their Zeppelin and departed from the Land of Darkness to move forward with their own plans.