Chapter Nine - Forever Fall

One day, Glynda Goodwitch leads some of the teams through a forest. The groups included Team RWBY along with Team JNPR and Team CRDL. Joining Glynda was Alucard and Walter. As they walk through the forest, Glynda speaks to the students. 

Glynda: Yes, students, the forest of Forever Fall is indeed beautiful. But we are not here to sight-see. Professor Peach has asked all of you to collect samples from the trees deep inside this forest, and I'm here to make sure none of you die while doing so.

Glynda then pulls out a jar and presents it to the students.

Glynda: Each of you is to gather one jar's worth of red sap. However, this forest is full of the creatures of Grimm, so be sure to stay by your teammates. We will rendezvous back here at 4 o'clock. Have fun!

Just as the students were about to set out, Alucard and Walter step forward.

Walter: To be Huntsmen, one must be prepared for face any threats whatever they may be. The Grimm are simply one enemy to face. Enemies can come in all shapes and sizes. That is why for the sake of this exercise, Alucard and I will be acting as foes. How you chose to react to us will be up to you. 

The students were caught off guard by this. They didn't expect to be facing Alucard or Walter. Alucard begins chuckling. 

Alucard: Try to make this fun. 

With that, the teams began to split off to explore the forest. Alucard and Walter stayed behind to give them a head start. As they waited, Glynda spoke to them. 

Glynda: Try not to be too rough with them.

Alucard: They are training to be Huntsmen. They must be prepared for anything. 

Walter: Shall we, Alucard?

Alucard: Yes, my friend. 

With that, Alucard and Walter set out into the Forever Fall to fulfil their role as enemies for the students to defeat. Meanwhile, Team RWBY and Team JNPR were gathering sap. Before this, Jaune had split off to join with Cardin and his team. Suddenly, roaring was heard in the distance.

Ruby: Did you guys hear that?

Suddenly, the members of Team CRDL minus Cardin began running the other way from the roar through the other students.

Russel: Ursa! Ursa!

Yang: What?! Where?!

Russel: Back there! It's got Cardin!

As Russel said this, Pyrrha drops her jar of sap, knowing that Jaune was with Cardin.

Pyrrha: Jaune!

It was in that moment that Ruby went into leader mode.

Ruby: Yang! You and Blake, go get Professor Goodwitch! Weiss, you're with me!

As Yang and Blake followed Ruby's orders, Pyrrha turned to Ren and Nora.

Pyrrha: You two, go with them! There could be more! 

With that, Ruby, Weiss and Pyrrha made their way to where Jaune and Cardin were. They soon saw them facing off against a large Ursa Major attacking Jaune and Cardin. They watch as the Ursa leans over the helpless victim, raising its paw and swiping it down only to be blocked by Jaune's shield, Crocea Mors. He struggles to defend a stunned Cardin from its attempts to lean on him, but Weiss lifts Myrtenaster as she prepares to go help.

Pyrrha: Wait!

As Jaune valiantly fights off the Ursa, Pyrrha uses her Semblance to help Jaune out.

Ruby: Uhhh... What?

Weiss: How did you....

Pyrrha: Well, Ruby has her speed, you have your glyphs. My Semblance is polarity. 

As Jaune battles against the Ursa Major, gunshots were heard. It wasn't long before Alucard and Walter approached them. 

Walter: It seems our prey has bunched up. 

Alucard: All too easy. 

Left with no other choice, Ruby along with Pyrrha and Weiss fought against Alucard and Walter while Jaune battled against the Ursa Major. The battle was fierce on both sides. Weiss used her Glyphs to attack Walter, but Walter uses his wires to cut through them. 

Weiss: W...what?! Those wires.....they cut through my Glyphs!

Walter: If you're going to defeat me, then you're going to have to do better than that, Miss Schnee. 

As Weiss battled against Walter, Ruby and Pyrrha struggled against Alucard. Alucard began laughing maniacally. 

Alucard: Your dragon is waiting! Will you die like a dog? Or will you defeat me like a man?

As Alucard says this, Ruby uses her Semblance to speed around Alucard. Alucard prepares to fire his pistols, but Pyrrha uses her Polarity Semblance to send the pistols flying out of his hands. Alucard's grin grows bigger as Ruby and Pyrrha showed signs of giving him a challenge. Soon enough, a pack of Ursa Minor appeared, forcing both groups to break off their duel and fight off the Grimm. Suddenly, a loud roar was heard, causing the remaining Ursa Minor to run off. To everyone's surprise, Jaune was seen standing tall over the Ursa Major's corpse. Alucard and Walter were impressed at how someone who seemed to have little to no skill emerged victorious over a large Grimm. Without warning, Alucard and Walter broke off their attack and retreated. After that, all teams were able to gather the sap needed to pass. As the lesson was concluded, Glynda approached Alucard and Walter. 

Glynda: Why did you break off your attack? 

Walter: Because Mr. Arc impressed us. He stood tall against a Grimm with nothing more than his sword and shield. 

Alucard smirked to himself as the potential that these students have become more and more clear to the Vampire by the day. Alucard was looking forward to seeing what these students had to offer and whether of not they would be recruited into Ozpin's shadow war against Salem.