Chapter One Hundred Fourteen - Risk

After Ironwood issued his ultimatum, he patiently waited for Penny to arrive. In front entrance of the Atlas Academy, Ironwood along with Winter and the Ace-Ops minus Marrow wait for Penny. When a security alert is made, Winter orders the Ace-Ops to investigate. Soon enough, Penny arrives alone.

Ironwood: I didn't think you'd actually come alone. I expected at least some resistance from your friends.

Penny: I don't want anyone else to die.

Ironwood: You're doing the right thing, Penny. This is what's best for Remnant.

As Ironwood says this, the area was covered by thick mist. Ironwood and the Atlesian soldiers readied their weapons as Alucard's laughter was heard through the mist. 

Ironwood: I thought I made myself clear that you were to come alone.

Penny: I...I have nothing to do with this!

Ironwood: I came prepared.

Soon enough, a squadron of Atlesian Knight 200s march out of the Academy and aim their guns aimed at the Vampire. Ironwood looked around to see if Ruby and the others were nearby. When he didn't see them, Ironwood turns his attention to Alucard. 

Ironwood: You shouldn't have come here, Alucard.

Alucard: I come here on my master's bidding. My master brought you into the fold because he thought you could be trusted. 

Ironwood: No more tricks. Where are the others?

Alucard: Miss Rose and her friends are not the ones you should be worried about. I am the one who should be feared!

Ironwood: Unlike you, I am willing to do whatever is necessary to ensure Salem's defeat. If I have to destroy Mantle to do it, I will do it in a heartbeat.

Without warning, Alucard raises his Jackal and Casull pistols on Ironwood. He surveyed his surroundings as he found himself surrounded by dozens of Atlesian Knight 200s. He was heavily outnumbered and knew that Ironwood would not hesitate to give them the order to open fire. Despite this, Alucard laughed.

Alucard: Do you really think your bullets can stop me?! If your soldiers could not stand against weak and inferior Vampires like the Valentine Brothers, then what hope do you have to stand against a Vampire like myself! I have lived for hundreds of years! Let me show you why I was once known as Lord Impaler!

It was at that moment that Ruby's group arrived.

Ironwood: Open fire!

As the Atlas Droids open fired, Alucard began firing at the Atlesian Droids. He made no effort in dodging the bullets as they tore through his body. An intense fight broke out between Ruby's group and Ironwood's forces. During all of this, the Ace-Ops broke off to get the bomb loaded into the airship to level Mantle. Qrow and Robyn were seen chasing after them. Despite being heavily outnumbered, Ironwood stood his ground. He was soon confronted by Alucard.

Alucard: The last time we met, you fired on my master. You nearly struck down my master. 

Without hesitation, Ironwood turns pistol on Alucard and shoots him. Alucard laughs as the bullets from Ironwood's pistols tear through his body. 

Ironwood: Damn you, Alucard! Goddamn you!

Alucard: You have abandoned all reason, Ironwood! Your incompetence have allowed the enemy to march upon your doorsteps and lay siege upon your city! Even now as men, women and children are butchered like cattle, you march on forward with your madness!

As Ironwood pulls out another pistol, he begins firing them at Alucard. The No Life King promptly disarms Ironwood and grabs him by the throat.

Ironwood: Goddamn it! Why do you insist on preventing me from doing my job?! I am only doing what's best for Remnant!

Alucard: You act in your interest. It was never about Remnant or even about Atlas. You're afraid. You saw that you could not stand against Salem or Millennium with the full might of the Atlas Military. So you let your fear get the better of you. You would abandon all of Remnant to Salem's wrath so you could run and hide, hoping she can't get to you. But no matter how hard you try, you could never escape her. All you are doing is her bidding. Everything you have done has been in service to Salem.

Ironwood: You don't know anything! 

Alucard: Your ego has blinded you. Even now, you cannot see the madness you have wrought upon the world!

Alucard then throws Ironwood against the wall with enough force to knock him out. It wasn't long before Winter Schnee stepped in and arrested Ironwood. 

Alucard: Well done, Specialist Schnee. 

As Alucard said this, Penny collapsed to her knees as the virus took hold of her.

Ruby: Penny!

Alucard and Ruby rushed to Penny's side. It was clear that the virus that was coursing through her body was becoming stronger.

Alucard: We are running out of time. The enemy is at our doorsteps. We must get Miss Polendina to the Vault before we are swarmed by the enemy.

With that, Ironwood was taken into custody and locked him in a cell. After that, the group split up with Winter guiding Jaune along with Ren and Nora to the Amity Tower access while the rest of the group made their way to the Atlas Vault. At the same time, Qrow and Robyn along with Marrow chased after the Ace-Ops to prevent them from using the bomb to level Mantle. But for now, Ironwood had been stopped. But the danger wasn't over as a hidden enemy biding their time, waiting for the right time to strike while the combined threat of Salem and Millennium loomed over Mantle and Atlas.