Chapter Eight - Jaunedice

After what happened at Glynda's class, the students were having lunch at the cafeteria. The cafeteria was alive with conversation. In one table, Team RWBY spoke with Team JNPR about what happened last class.

Jaune: Who? Cardin Winchester? Nah... He just likes to mess around! You know, practical jokes!

Ruby: He's a bully.

As the two teams were talking, the group turns to see a Rabbit Faunus girl named Velvet being picked on by Cardin and his team. They pull on her Rabbit ears.

Velvet: Ow! That hurts! Please, stop...

Cardin: I told you it was real!

Russell: What a freak!

As Cardin and his team bullied Velvet, thin wires wrapped around Cardin and his team.

Cardin: What the hell?!

The grip of the wires begin to tighten as Walter approaches Cardin and his team. The whole cafeteria was silent as Walter expressed his disgust at the behavior of Cardin and his team.

Walter: This is most unfortunate. Miss Scarlatina is an exceptional student with much promise as a Huntress, yet she is accosted by scoundrels like yourselves for something that is beyond her control. It is so unfortunate that such bigotry and ignorance still exists after all these years.

Cardin: Let go of us, grandpa!

Walter: I wouldn't struggle if I were you. These wires may not see like much, but they're razor sharp to the point where they can cut solid steel like paper. Now imagine how effective such a thing would be on flesh and bone. With a flick of both of my wrists, I could reduce you and your team into bloody pieces. Now then, I believe you all owe Miss Scarlatina an apology.

Without hesitation, most of Cardin's team apologized to Velvet for picking on her. Cardin remained silent as Walter tightened the grip of his wires on him. The wires began to cut Cardin.

Cardin: Fine! I'm sorry!

Walter: That wasn't so hard, wasn't it, Mr. Winchester?

Water then releases Cardin and his team. As they walk away, Walter approached Velvet.

Walter: Are you alright, Miss Scarlatina?

Velvet: Y...yes.

Walter: I apologize for that rather....distasteful behavior from Mr. Winchester and his team. Rest assured that they'll be reprimanded most severely.

With that, Walter walks out of the cafeteria. At their table, Team RWBY and Team JNPR react to what had happened.

Pyrrha: Atrocious. I can't stand people like him.

Blake: He's not the only one...

Yang: It must be hard to be a Faunus.

Ruby: Mr. Dornez didn't even hesitate to wrap Cardin and his team with those wires of his.

Weiss: It looked like as if Mr. Dornez was about to kill them.

Yang: Between him and Mr. Alucard, I can't decide who's the scariest.

As Yang said this, Pyrrha recalled her sparring match against Alucard. It was the first time in a long time that she faced someone who was stronger than her.

Pyrrha: Mr. Alucard was....something else.

Ruby: What was it like to fight him?

Pyrrha: I....I couldn't tell you. He was unlike anyone I've ever fought before. And those guns of his....they nearly knocked me off my feet.

Hearing this shocked the members of Team RWBY and Team JNPR.

Nora: Maybe we should get Mr. Alucard to teach that Cardin jerk a lesson!

Ren: I don't think that would be a good idea, Nora.

As the topic of the discussion turned to Alucard, Ruby thought about how Alucard massacred Roman Torchwick's men on the night of the robbery. The conversation continued until the bell rang. As all the students went to their next class, Walter was entering Ozpin's office where he was greeted by Alucard.

Alucard: Was that the Angel of Death peaking his head in the cafeteria?

Walter: Perhaps. I have always found such bigotry for the Faunus rather distasteful. Even after all these years, such prejudices remain.

Alucard: Such is the condition of the world since time immemorial.

Walter: Perhaps. But there is one thing that I have been meaning to ask you. Why have you taken an interest in Team RWBY as why as Team JNPR?

Upon hearing that question, Alucard chuckled.

Alucard: Why indeed. For fun? For sport? Maybe it was just a whim. Maybe. But that doesn't sound like me. Perhaps after years spent with humans, you've finally rubbed off on me. I might be developing a sense of whimsy.

Walter: A sense of whimsy, you say? How interesting.

Alucard: And what of you, Walter?

Walter: I would be lying if I said I didn't see the same potential as you do.

As Alucard and Walter spoke on the subject of Team RWBY and Team JNPR, Ozpin walked into the room. Alucard and Walter greeted Ozpin respectfully.

Alucard: Any word from the Vatican, my master?

Ozpin: Ever since the incident with Father Anderson, the Vatican has been quite. But I suspect that they'll make their move soon enough. But for now, there is another matter to discuss.

Walter: And what would that be, Master Ozpin?

Ozpin: After the incident with Father Anderson, I discovered a biochip. Upon further inspection, I have come to the conclusion that this chip is what created that Vampire. And there's a strong possibility that there may be more of these Artificial Vampires roaming Remnant as we speak.

Upon hearing this, Alucard and Walter became interested.

Ozpin: It would appear that the game has shifted. The enemy moves against we. We must prepare ourselves for what is to come.

With the revelation of these artificial Vampires now known to Ozpin and his allies, it was clear that the enemy was on the move. But what they didn't know was that the enemy was moving faster than initially thought.