Chapter One Hundred Thirty - The Blacksmith

As Hansel joined Ruby and Little, Little takes a nap in the back of her hood.

Ruby: Teapot Lady... Teapot Lady... Uh...

Suddenly, a loud clanging can be heard. Ruby finds herself alone with all the other denizens walking around suddenly gone. Darkness encroaches and surrounds the area on all sides except for the small area Ruby is standing in. Ruby gasps as she notices what is happening. She raises her hand as a bright light is emitted from her right. She notices a rack of weapons, among them being Penny's Maiden sword. Ruby grabs it off the rack and holds it in her hands. 

Hansel: Isn't that the Protector of Mantle's sword? 

Ruby: Yeah. It's...it's Penny's....

Hansel: How did that get here? I thought it got lost in the Crimson Palace. 

???: Does that one interest you?

Hansel and Ruby looks up to who spoke, and sees a feminine-looking, metallic Blacksmith standing before their forge. Their features are obscured by the forge's bright flames. Ruby approaches them, entering the shop.

Ruby: I... I thought this was lost forever.

Hansel: Where did you get this?

Blacksmith: Nothing is truly lost.

Ruby stares at the Floating Array sword and a reflection of Penny appears in it. She gasps.

Hansel: What's wrong?

Ruby: P...Penny....

Blacksmith: And what of you? Are you lost?

The Blacksmith holds a pair of tongs holding a heated, metallic butterfly wing.

Ruby: No, no. I'm just... My friends went somewhere else.

Blacksmith: You're doing this all alone?

Little wakes up and notices their surroundings in the Blacksmith's tent.

Little: Ruby... I don't think we're supposed to be here.

Blacksmith: If you change your mind, you may choose any one of these you like and set your burden down.

Ruby looks down to find a dagger in the Floating Array sword's place. She stares at the blade and a reflection of Alyx appears.

Ruby: I already have a weapon. I did...

Blacksmith: And yet, here you are, searching for something else that you do not even know.

Ruby sets the dagger down on the table next to her, before looking up to see a rather intricate axe-like hybrid weapon with a trigger function. The Blacksmith continues hammering, the clanging sound ringing. Ruby gasps as she sees on the blade with a reflection of Summer Rose, her Silver Eyes starting to glow and obscuring the screen in a bright white light. When Ruby hears the Curious Cat's voice, Ruby gets startled and turns around. She is seemingly back, having snapped out of her vision with the Blacksmith. The Cat is seen holding the Grow-gurt Parfait ingredients in a basket with their mouth. Weiss is riding on the Cat's head with Blake and Yang in the basket.

Curious Cat: Ruby? Who are you talking to? Did you retrieve the nose hairs?

Hansel and Ruby looked around, noticing the Blacksmith's shop and forge is gone.

Ruby: Uh... no, not-- not just yet, but--

Weiss: Ruby, come on. We got everything else.

Ruby: I... Uh... I'm sorry.

Hansel: Go on ahead. We'll catch up.

Curious Cat: Come now, Echo. Some of your friends are in quite a hurry. It is quite rude....

Hansel: I said we'll catch up. There's something we need to discuss in private. 

Blake: It's fine. We'll be waiting next to the Teapot Lady's shop when you're ready.

The Curious Cat hesitates as he takes the rest of Team RWBY to the Teabot Lady's shop. Hansel and the Curious Cat exchanged looks at one another before parting ways. Once they were alone, Hansel speaks to Ruby.

Ruby: I...I wasn't going crazy, was I? The Blacksmith's forge....

Hansel: I saw it too. A strange sight it was. 

Ruby: But....but why is the forge gone? Why did it...show up out of nowhere? And why did I see....Mom's weapon?

Hansel: I don't know. But I'm sure you'll figure it out. You always do!

Ruby lowered her head, wearing a sorrowful look. At this point, it was clear that everything that has happened up until this point began to take it's toll on Ruby. Hansel quickly noticed this.

Hansel: Ruby? What's wrong?

Ruby said nothing as she looked down. Meanwhile, the rest of Team RWBY and the Curious Cat began gathering the rest of the ingredients. 

Yang: That's odd. I wonder what that was for.

 Curious Cat: Do you trust that boy?

Blake: You mean Hansel? I mean he's a little strange, but I don't see why not.

Curious Cat: Curious. 

Yang: What's that supposed to mean?

Curious Cat: Nothing nothing. Just curious. That's all.

Weiss: Seems like a very specific thing to be curious about. 

Curious Cat: Just making an astute observation. Your friend Hansel is a...curious one. Makes you wonder what Hansel's true intentions are. Walls have ears. Doors have eyes. Trees have voices. Beasts tell lies. Beware the rain. Beware the snow. Beware the man, you think you know.

As the Curious Cat said this to Team RWBY, they waited at the Teapot Lady's shop. Back where the Forge once was, Hansel continues speaking to Ruby. 

Hansel: I know things are bad, but I know you'll see us through. You always do. You've gotten us this far. That has to count for something. 

As Hansel says all this, Ruby remains silent. She glances to Hansel who offers her a comforting smile. 

Ruby: I...I told you I'm fine.

Hansel said nothing in response to Ruby's words.

Hansel: Very well. That is all I have to say for now. Let's get back to the others. 

With that, Hansel and Ruby began making their way to the Teapot Lady's shop with Hansel still playing his game. What no one realized that a danger would soon reveal itself.