Chapter Seventy Seven - Walter VS Adam

As Walter and Adam stared each other down, Adam made the first move by lunging at him and unleashed a flurry of attacks on Walter. However, Walter was able to block the attacks with ease as he begins to press the attack against Adam. Anger grips Adam as he pushes back against Walter. While Adam was seething in rage, Walter maintained his calm and collected demeanor.

Adam: Defend her all you like! It won't make a difference!

Walter: You have let your anger rob you of your reason. If you truly cared for the cause of the Faunus, then you would know that your actions are only hurting the Faunus.

Adam: I have no cause no. Blake has robbed that from me!

Walter: You have done that yourself. 

Enraged at Walter's words, Adam charged at Walter and attacked him with a series of power strikes in an attempt to break through her defenses. However, Walter still maintains a strong defense as he simply dodges his attacks. Adam's anger and rage soon boils over.

Adam: I won't let you stand in my way!

Consumed by his anger and rage, Adam charges up his Moonslice Semblance. As his body began to glow red, Walter immediately prepares for whatever Adam had planned for him. Meanwhile, Blake and Yang watch as Adam prepares to attack Walter. Knowing what Adam was about to do, Blake warns Walter.

Blake: Walter! Don't let Adam hit you! His Semblance absorbs energy through his sword, stores it up and then sends it back outward!

Heeding Blake's warning, Walter prepares himself as Adam charges at him. Adam then generates afterimages of himself as he attacks Walter. Walter was able to hold his own against Adam who at this point was physically enhanced by his Semblance. Walter then turned the tide as he used used his wires to slash at Adam's face. As Walter moved for a killing strike, Adam gets back up and kicks Walter in the face, pushing him back. As Walter recovers from Adam's attack, Adam lunges at him and manages to slash at Walter's arm. Ignoring the pain, Walter continues to defend himself against Adam's relentless onslaught.

Adam: Before I kill you, I want to know why. Why do you continuously put yourself in harm's way for her? 

Walter: Because she is my student. What sort of teacher would I be if I abandoned my own student?

Adam: I loved her once. Now look what she turned me into.

Walter: How disappointing. Up until now, I've simply toyed with you. I was hoping you would at least put up a better fight than this. But it appears that this is a waste of my time. Young man, it's time to end this. 

In that moment, Adam was overcome with rage as he attacked Walter with powerful power strikes. Adam then charges up his Moonslice Semblance and attempts to fire a large energy blast to kill Walter. Walter gets out of the way as he uses his wires to sever one of Adam's arms. Adam screams in pain as he drops to his knees. 

Walter: That was for Miss Xiao Long. 

Despite being in agonizing pain, Adam got up and charged at Walter. Adam then swings his sword at Walter, but the old butler dodges his attacks with ease. As Adam goes for the kill, Walter uses his wires to sever Adam's leg. Adam screams in pain as he collapses to the ground. 

Walter: My word, young man. What will you do now?

Adam attempts to crawl away, but Walter stops him. 

Walter: You want to know why they call me the Angel of Death? It's because I reap all the souls who dare move against me. There will be no tomorrow for you, Adam Taurus. 

Blake and Yang watched as Adam slowly gets up, using his sword as a crutch. Walter was amused by this. 

Walter: Ready for more, I see? I must say, I'm impressed. I took your left arm and your right leg, yet you still have your fighting spirit. Most impressive. 

With a snarl, Adam swings his sword at Adam, but Blake and Yang charge forward at Adam. Both girls then impale Adam from the front and back, each with a piece of Blake's weapon simultaneously. Adam looks down at his bleeding chest as he twitches.

Adam: Oh.....

Blake and Yang both pull their blades out and watch Adam stumble towards the edge of the bridge. He falls to his knees and his eyes start to roll back. He slumps forward and falls off the bridge. On his fall down, his body hits the cliffside with a sickening crunch, before disappearing into the water below. Blake falls to her knees as Yang runs to her. Blake began to sob as Yang embraced her.

Blake: I... I am not going to break my promise, I swear.

Yang: I know you won't. 

As Yang says this, she glances over to the bloody severed limbs of Adam. She took several deep breaths before being approached by Walter.

Walter: We need to head back. The others are waiting for us

Blake: I...I was unable to deactivate the radar.

Walter: It doesn't matter now. We must keep going. 

With that, Walter along with Blake and Yang left the waterfall to join the others to adapt the plan. Meanwhile, Adam Taurus washed up on shore. Barely alive, Adam crawled to shore. As he lost consciousness, he could see Schrödinger approaching him with a smile on his face. 

Schrödinger: Right on schedule! 

With that, Schrödinger took Adam away. What Adam didn't know was that he would become something truly terrible.