Chapter Eleven - The General

As the first semester at Beacon comes to a close, the students of Beacon Academy prepare for the upcoming Vytal Festival. During this time, Alucard keeps a close eye on both Team RWBY and Team JNPR. During the previous semester, Team RWBY began looking in to the recent robberies as well as the possible involvement of the White Fang. They knew these were no coincidences, but only Ozpin and his inner circle knew the truth. As the second semester began, airships begin landing near Beacon Academy. Ozpin along with Walter and Glynda watch the scene from Ozpin's office.

Glynda: Ironwood certainly loves bringing his work wherever he travels.

Ozpin: Well, running an academy and a military makes him a busy man. But yes, those are a bit of an eyesore.

Walter: I believe we all know that General Ironwood is not one for subtlety. He is after all a military man. 

A chirping beep sounds repeatedly. Ozpin turns to see a hollow-message "Access Requested" on his desk. Ozpin answers the message. 

Ozpin: Come in. 

As Ozpin says this, General Ironwood enters the room. 

Ironwood: Ozpin!

Ozpin: Hello, General.

Ironwood: Please, drop the formalities. It's been too long. And Glynda! It has certainly been too long since we last met.

Glynda: Oh, James! I'll be outside.

Glynda promptly leaves the office while Walter stays behind. 

Ironwood: Well, she hasn't changed a bit. Hello, Walter. It's been some time. 

Walter: Indeed, General. 

Ozpin: So, what in the world has brought you all the way down from Atlas? Headmasters don't typically travel with their students, for the Vytal Festival.

Ironwood: Well, you know how much I love Vale this time of year. Besides, with you hosting, I thought that this might be a good opportunity for us to catch up.

Ozpin: I can certainly appreciate the quality time between friends, however, a small fleet outside my window has me concerned.

Ironwood: Well, concern is what brought them here.

Ozpin: I understand that travel between kingdoms has become increasingly difficult.

Ironwood: Oz, you and I both know why I brought those men.

Walter then serves Ozpin and Ironwood tea. After doing so, he stands by Ozpin's side.

Ozpin: We are in a time of peace. Shows of power like this are just going to give off the wrong impression.

Ironwood: But if what Qrow said is true...

Walter: If what Mr. Branwen said is true, then we will handle it tactfully.

Ozpin: It's the Vytal Festival. A time to celebrate unity and peace. So I suggest that you not scare people by transporting hundreds of soldiers halfway across the continent.

Ironwood: I'm just being cautious.

Ozpin: As am I. Which is why we will continue to train the best Huntsmen and Huntresses we can.

Ironwood: Believe me, I am. But ask yourself this: Do you honestly believe your children can win a war?

As Ironwood says this, laughter was heard as Alucard enters the room. 

Ironwood: Alucard. I was wondering when you would show up. 

Alucard: Bringing a fleet for a festival meant to celebrate peace and unity? What kind of message does that send to the masses? 

Ironwood: I am simply being cautious. 

Alucard: Cautious, you say? How amusing. 

Ironwood didn't take too kindly to Alucard's words. 

Alucard: Look at you and your fleet! You criticize my master for using child soldiers, yet you run your academy with the intention of turn your students into soldiers for your army. How amusing indeed.

Ozpin: Enough, Alucard. James, it is good to see you again. And about your previous question? I am doing everything in my power to ensure that it never comes to that. 

Ironwood simply nods his head as he gets up and exits Ozpin's office. Once Ironwood leaves, Alucard scoffs.

Alucard: What a fool. How someone like that rose to the rank of General is beyond me. Why do you waste your time with this fool?

Ozpin: James means well, Alucard. I can only hope that he sees this before it's too late. 

Alucard simply chuckles in response to Ozpin's words. 

Walter: I must admit, I too question the General's actions. Bringing a sizable fleet like this will no doubt send a message to not only the public, but to our enemies as well. 

Ozpin: I fully understand, Walter. With the threat of Salem and these artificial Vampire running around, we are in a very precarious position. 

Walter: If I may ask, do you believe that these artificial Vampires are Salem's doing?

Ozpin: It's a possibility. Though I have my doubts. There's no trace of her magic on these Vampires. It's clear that someone is creating them. Who they are and what their purpose is, I don't know. But if they are aligned with Salem, I fear Remnant is in even bigger danger.

Alucard: I am yours to command, my master. Give me your orders, my master. I can kill them. I can massacre them. I can hunt them down and wipe them from the face of Remnant without even an ounce of regret. Because I am a monster. I am your monster. Give me your orders and I shall destroy them. 

As Alucard said this, Ozpin initially remained silent. After taking a sip from his mug, Ozpin speaks to his most trusted servant. 

Ozpin: We will wait for our enemies to reveal themselves. And when they do....search and destroy. Search and destroy. 

Alucard smirks as he bows his head to his master. Alucard had his orders. He would wait for the enemy to reveal themselves. And when they did, Alucard would destroy them without hesitation.