Chapter Thirty - PvP

As the Vytal Festival tournament continued, Ozpin and his inner circle watched as the next match was underway. Pyrrha had been matched up against Penny Polendina from Atlas. As the matched began, Ozpin spoke with his allies about Pyrrha's future.

Alucard: When shall Pyrrha Nikos ascend, my master?

Ozpin: Soon, my friend. Once the Vytal Festival has concluded, we well begin the process of transferring Amber's powers to Pyrrha. With hope, all shall go as planned.

Walter: The ramifications of this choice will not be easy to bear for her. I do not envy her.

Ozpin: Neither do I, but we're low on time.

As Ozpin said this, something had occurred during Pyrrha's fight with Penny. Pyrrha had used her Polarity Semblance to block what appeared to be a large attack. The resulting deception caused Pyrrha to use too much Pyrrha and dismember Penny in the process. As shock was felt across the arena, the monitor began to flicker and a broadcast from Cinder Fall was shown.

Cinder(Broadcast): This is not a tragedy. This was not an accident. This is what happens when you hand over your trust, your safety, your children, to men who claim to be our guardians, but are, in reality, nothing more than men. Our Academies' Headmasters wield more power than most armies, and one was audacious enough to control both. They cling to this power in the name of peace, and yet, what do we have here? One nation's attempt at a synthetic army, mercilessly torn apart by another's star pupil. What need would Atlas have for a soldier disguised as an innocent little girl? I don't think the Grimm can tell the difference. And what, I ask you, is Ozpin teaching his students? First a dismemberment, now this? Huntsmen and Huntresses should carry themselves with honor and mercy, yet I have witnessed neither. Perhaps Ozpin felt as though defeating Atlas in the Tournament would help people forget his colossal failure to protect Vale when the Grimm invaded its streets. Or perhaps this was his message to the tyrannical dictator that has occupied an unsuspecting kingdom with armed forces. Honestly, I haven't the slightest clue as to who is right and who is wrong. But I know the existence of peace is fragile, and the leaders of our kingdoms conduct their business with iron gloves. As someone who hails from Mistral, I can assure you the situation there is...equally undesirable. Our Kingdoms are on the brink of war, yet we, the citizens, are left in the dark. So I ask you: When the first shots are fired...who do you think you can trust?

As soon as the broadcast ended, Grimm began to attack Vale. The alarm soon began to blare across the arena.

Warning Announcer: Alert. Incoming Grimm attack. Threat level: Nine. Please seek shelter in a calm and orderly manner.

Panic soon began to set across the arena. Ironwood tries to calm down the crowd.

Ironwood: Ladies and gentlemen, please. There is no need for panic.

As he said this, a large Nevermore rested atop of the the arena's domed force field. The Nevermore then lets out several deafening screeches as it claws and pecks at the dome. Ozpin along with Alucard and Walter soon regrouped with Qrow, Glynda and Ironwood.

Qrow: Oz!

Ozpin: Get to the city!

Qrow: But.....

Ozpin: Now!

Qrow and Glynda did as Ozpin said and left the room. Ozpin then turned Ironwood.

Ironwood: Ozpin, the girl...I...I can explain!

Ozpin: You brought your army to my Kingdom, James. Use it.

As Ironwood left to coordinate his army in defense of Vale, Alucard watched as chaos gripped the city of Vale. A smile fell on his face.

Alucard: So the enemy now make their move.

Walter: What are your orders, Master Ozpin?

Ozpin paused as he processed the entire situation. Salem's forces had launched an all out attack on Vale itself. Not only that, but Salem's agents had sent a broadcast which openly mocked Ozpin. In that moment, an emotion began to emerge in Ozpin. It was an emotion that he had not felt in ages: rage. 

Ozpin: The enemy has the audacity to launch such an attack on my home. They attack my Academy and threaten the lives of both my students and my allies. My orders on this matter is clear. You will search and destroy! SEARCH AND DESTROY! Any resistance you encounter is to be CRUSHED! We does not run from our enemies! Kill them all! I order you to leave nothing but bloody stains in your wake! Salem wishes to send a message? I intend to send a message as well! Anyone who stands with Salem is to be made a corpse! 

As Ozpin issued his orders, Alucard began laughing.

Alucard: Yes! Yes! Such fury! Such anger! I shall follow your orders without question! I shall slaughter your enemies without mercy or hesitation! They shall fall before me!

Walter: Agreed. We will push the enemy back whatever it takes. 

Ozpin: Head to Beacon. There's a strong possibility that they might know about the Vault.

Alucard: As you command, my master.

Ozpin: If anything should happen, you all know what to do. 

Alucard and Walter nodded to Ozpin as they parted ways. In that moment, Salem's agents had finally launched their attack on Vale and on Beacon Academy. Meanwhile at an undisclosed location, the Major watches the news coverage on the attack. A smile falls on his face as the Major watches the coverage of the chaos. 

Major: How beautiful....

The Major watches in glee as Salem's agents attacked on Vale. In that moment, the Battle Of Beacon had begun.