Masquerade Stranger (Invel Yura x Lucy)

This was requested on AO3 by Elegance.

This is a pairing that I honestly didn't expect. I wasn't a fan at first, but it didn't take long for me to warm up to the idea of them together. I honestly think that they're a good-looking pairing. Very aesthetically pleasing. I like it.

As for the oneshot, I decided to go with a mysterious sort of setting with a masquerade ball rather than any ol' regular ball. I love masquerade balls and I wish I could attend one. Unfortunately, I was born too late.

Anyways, since my first oneshot was about 2600 words, I decided to make this one shorter.

Also, the updated posting schedule is at the bottom.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucy stood in front of the full-body mirror in her bedroom. She looked herself over, admiring her maids' work. She was dressed in a black and red ball gown. The black, puffy sleeves were off her shoulders, exposing her cleavage more than her father would likely approve of. A red lace choker necklace was fastened tightly around her neck, ensuring that it would not slip from its place. Red satin gloves encased her pale and small hands. Her blonde hair was pulled up into a tight bun, loose locks of her hair framing her face perfectly. Ruby studded earrings adorned her earlobes.

Last but not least, a black and red mask that resembled a butterfly covered the upper part of her face, leaving only her chocolate brown eyes, visible thanks to the eyeholes, and the lower part of her face, showing off her rosy cheeks and red lips.

Her maids had insisted on her wearing something dark and mysterious, saying that it would contrast beautifully against her pale skin and sunny blonde hair. Probably would look a bit better if I had blue eyes, she couldn't help but think. She couldn't deny it though, she looked fantastic. She soon heard a knock at her bedroom door. She walked over and opened the door, seeing her lady's maid. "Hello, Virgo." The pink-haired maid bowed.

She then straightened and spoke in a monotonous toned voice, "Princess, are you ready to appear at the ball?" Lucy sighed. She then nodded and followed Virgo down a hallway. "I don't understand why Father must host some ball and make me attend." Lucy began playing with the gold ring on her right ring finger. Virgo gave her a side glance. She shifted her gaze back at the doors they were walking to as she answered, "you're of age to get married. He's giving you a chance to find someone you genuinely like."

Lucy had to suppress an eye roll. Virgo added calmly, "your parents met at a masquerade ball. Maybe you'll meet somebody you like." Lucy didn't respond, she instead gave a silent sigh.

The pair then reached two large wooden doors. Virgo opened one of the doors, holding it for her lady. Lucy walked through the open door, coming to a large ballroom filled with masked people in fancy suits and gowns, all either dancing or mingling. She stood at the top of the staircase. After taking a deep breath and releasing it, she placed a gloved hand onto the railing and descended the stairs.

Upon coming to the bottom of the staircase, Lucy plastered a sweet smile onto her face and began making her way from one guest to another, making conversation while also keeping in mind her father's order for her to not give away her identity. Her father had planned for everybody to take off their masks at midnight.

After a few hours of chatting and dancing, Lucy felt the need for fresh air. She managed to make her way to one of the balconies, approaching the white painted wooden railing and leaning against it with her arms folded on top of it. She looked out at the night sky, marveling at the stars that decorated the enchanting blackness like glitter. She always loved the stars. Their glow never failed to amaze her.