You're as Intimidating as a Butterfly (Meredy x Lucy)

This was requested on AO3 by Pup.

This is the last oneshot, for the time being. I loved writing these and hope that you aren't too upset about this collection ending.

As for this ship. I quite like Meredy x Lucy. I think that it's cute and I definitely think that they would be a pretty good couple. I really like this ship and wish that I could find some fics about it.

I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucy hid behind the open door that led to the main room of her apartment. She grinned to herself as she waited for her girlfriend to enter. Meredy had been away for a few weeks, finally able to come back to Magnolia for a visit after defeating several dark guilds. Lucy's plan was to wait for her girlfriend to walk through the door, then she would jump out and scare her before their cuddle session on the bed.

She listened as the front door opened and Meredy sighed, evidently tired, before hearing the sound of footsteps walking up the stairs and approaching the main room where her blonde girlfriend was waiting with a mischievous grin.

It wasn't long until Meredy walked through the door and called out, "Lucy? Where are you?"

Lucy waited until her girlfriend had taken a few more steps into the room before she quietly stepped around the door and crept up behind the pink-haired woman. In a swift movement, she placed her hands on Meredy's shoulders and exclaimed, "I got you!"

She hadn't been expecting Meredy to scream, but she was expecting her to at least get startled and jump. However, neither of those things happened. Instead, Meredy simply calmly turned around and smiled at her, saying, "hey, Lucy. I was starting to think that you were at the guild."

Lucy raised an eyebrow in confusion. She whipped her head around to look at the door that she was hiding behind. There was no way that Meredy could have seen her, so why hadn't she reacted to her scare attempt? Lucy turned back around as her girlfriend asked, "is something wrong?"

Lucy questioned, pointing with her thumb at the door behind herself, "did you know that I was hiding there?"

Meredy's pink eyes glanced at the door for a second before flicking back to Lucy and answered, "no, I didn't. Why?"

Lucy dropped her arm to her side and gave her girlfriend a defeated look before she gave a small huff and walked over past her to sit on the bed. "What's wrong? Was I supposed to see you there?" Meredy followed after her, a hint of worry in her voice.

Lucy shook her head as she plopped down on the bed and sighed. "Nothing's wrong. I was just trying to give you a scare."

"Oh...would you like me to come back in so you can try again?"

"What? No! It's fine, Meredy, I promise!" Lucy chuckled at the proposition, an amused smile gracing her features. She then stated, "you're difficult to scare, aren't you?"

Meredy shrugged. "I guess." There was a slight pause before she added, "or, it could just be that you're not intimidating enough."

At that, Lucy stood up and crossed her arms over her chest, and huffed in mock anger, "I am too!"

"Lucy, you're as intimidating as a butterfly." The deadpanned way that she said that was pretty comedic, Lucy would admit. She almost laughed.

"What? That is not true! I can intimidate people!"

Meredy gave a chuckle, her lips stretching into a smile. She then looked back up at Lucy and responded, "you? You're too nice-looking to do that. You just don't look like you can do any harm."

Lucy countered, "wouldn't that be a good thing, though? I'm a strong wizard and can fight very well. Being, as you said, 'nice-looking' just makes me easy to underestimate, which means, I can more easily get the upper hand against my opponents."

Meredy chuckled. "I didn't say that it was a bad thing." She then sat on the bed, closely followed by her girlfriend. "Besides, you do have a point. I've encountered quite a lot of men who didn't take me and Sorano seriously because of how pretty we are. They were never difficult to defeat."

Lucy gave a laugh at that. "Did Macbeth ever get the same treatment? He kind of looks like a girl, after all."

Meredy gave a small chuckle. "Don't let him hear you say that. Erik once said that and it ended with him being thrown through a window." The couple shared a laugh before Meredy finally answered Lucy's question, "I only know of a few times in which some dark wizards thought that Macbeth was a girl. None of those times ended well for the dark wizards, though."

Lucy laughed some more at that, clutching her stomach as she eventually was able to get control of herself. She took a few moments to breathe before she commented, "I've seen Freed get mistaken for a girl a few times."

"Really? He doesn't look like a girl."

"Maybe not from the front, but from behind, he kinda does."

"Has any of your guildmates tried to put him in a dress? Sorano and Erik have tried to convince Macbeth to go undercover as a girl four times now."

"Not that I know of." After a few moments, Lucy finally realized what her girlfriend had said, and she went back into a laughing fit. It took roughly a minute to regain control of herself and she responded, "never ended well, huh?"

Meredy grinned as she shook her head. "Nope. The last time it happened, Erik ended up with a few broken ribs, and Sorano was too scared to look at Macbeth for a while."

The two women laughed together for several minutes, exchanging funny stories about their guildmates. Lucy told about the time Natsu got his head stuck in the upstairs railing of the guildhall, ending up with a head covered in butter. She also told about when Erza went on a rampage because of a destroyed strawberry cake and the time Gray and Juvia accidentally sent each other on a wild goose chase due to separate elaborate romantic gestures that they each planned.

Meredy, in turn, told about the several times Jellal tired and failed to show his feelings to Erza, the time Erik got himself captured because he let the dirty jokes his opponent was telling in his head get to him, and the time Sorano somehow got her hand stuck in a vase.

The night of laughter ended with Lucy and Meredy snuggling up together, warm and comfortable in each other's embrace. They quickly fell asleep with calm smiles on each other faces.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welp, this is the end. I hope that you enjoyed this collection!

The next chapter will explain my reasons for ending this collection of oneshots and my plans for it.