Romeo! Stop! (Lyon x Lucy ft. Romeo and Wendy)

This was requested on Tumblr by stargirlspystudent.

LyLu is seriously growing on me more than it already has. This is such an underrated ship!

I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucy sat at the bar, sipping on a strawberry milkshake and reading her favorite book for the umpteenth time. She enjoyed the calmness of the guildhall and the freedom from her teammates. Natsu and Happy had gone off a job together, Gray was somewhere with Juvia, and Erza was at Fairy Hills due to a fierce fever.

The blonde looked closed her book and turned around to look at her guildmates. Levy and Gajeel were talking about something while Panther Lily chowed down on a large bowl of kiwis, Mira was laughing as Macao and Wakaba flirted with her, Laxus and the Thunder Legion were sitting at their usual place as they talked about something they seemed to interest all four of them, and the rest of the mages were drinking, talking, or looking at the job request board.

Lucy smiled at the sight, sighing contentedly. She turned back around to continue drinking her milkshake and resume her book. A few minutes passed when she felt someone tap her shoulder. She turned around to find Lyon standing there, his hands stuffed into his coat's pockets.

Lucy closed her book and laid it on her lap, speaking as she did so, "hey, Lyon! What are you doing here?"

She watched as Lyon looked back at the mages behind him, as if he was scanning the crowd and looking for someone, before he looked back at her and answered, "I came to visit."

Lucy raised an eyebrow and questioned, "really? You're not here to visit a certain someone?" Her smile widened. knowing that he had feelings for Juvia.

Lyon shook his head as he sat next to her. "I just don't have anything else to do. I've been banned from going on jobs because I injured my leg on the last one."

"Really? I thought that you wanted to see Juvia."

"No. I've moved on from her."

Lucy looked at him in surprise. "You have?" When the man nodded, she grinned at him again as she questioned with a teasing tone, "who do you have your eyes on now?"

She watched as Lyon blushed and looked away from her as he stuttered out a sorry attempt at an answer. She laughed at his reaction and leaned away from him, resting against the bar behind her. She then asked, dropping her teasing, "were you looking for Gray?"

Lyon shook his head again. This confused Lucy. Surely he had a reason beyond a simple visit to be here. She then asked, "so, you were just planning to hang around?"

Lyon chuckled before he nodded. "yeah, I guess. Although, I was also kind of hoping for a fight with him."

Lucy laughed at that. She took a sip of her milkshake and questioned, "how have you been? How's Lamia Scale?"

"Pretty good. Lamia Scale is Lamia Scale. Sherry and Ren are going steady."

"That's great."

"How have you and your friends been?"

"Great. Natsu and Happy are on a job, Gray and Juvia are somewhere, and Erza is sick."

Lyon turned on his stool and rested an arm on the bar to face Lucy. He opened his mouth to speak when Lucy clamped a hand over his mouth and muttered to him, "be quiet."

Lucy felt Lyon push her hand off of his face, but she didn't know if he followed her gaze to look at what she was staring at, as her eyes were locked on Romeo and Wendy walking out of the guild through the back doors. She stood up and followed after the two young teenagers, worry rising from within her. She heard Lyon follow after her, but she paid him no mind. Yesterday, she had heard Romeo inform his father that he was going to confess his feelings to Wendy. The problem with this, however, was that Wendy and Chelia were already dating. Lucy knew that Romeo was in for a world of hurt and this knowledge caused her to feel the need to comfort him.