You Will Pay (Mira x Lucy)

This was requested on Wattpad by CelineCourageux.

I woke up and chose violence. I decided that I must make people cry.

WARNING: THIS ONESHOT IS DARKER THAN THE OTHERS. IT CONTAINS MENTIONS OF TORTURE AS WELL AS MAJOR CHARACTER DEATH.

With that out of the way, this can be a sequel to "When the Matchmaker Falls in Love" or it can be a stand-alone oneshot. Whichever you want it to be.

One other thing, I will know be accepting requests for Jellal x Lucy oneshots!

I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mira strained her wrists against the chains that held her suspended a few feet above the stone floor. She shivered at the cold air of the dirt, wet, stone cell. She and Lucy had gone on a job together due to constant insistence from Lisanna, but it didn't go well. The dark guild that they had to defeat was stronger and more numerous than the job request had let on. They were quickly overwhelmed and captured and now they were held in separate cells. Mira had no idea what was happening to her girlfriend, but if what she had just endured was anything to go by, the blonde mage was being tortured.

The white-haired woman was in pain. Agonizing pain. She had been subjected to whipping, electrocution, waterboarding, and starvation. She had no idea how long she had been there as there were no windows and the torture was inconsistent, preventing her from figuring out any sort of time-keeping method. She was covered in her own blood, freely bleeding wounds covering her beaten and bruised body. Her dress was torn to rages and singed and she was drenched in dirty water, making her even colder. Her dazzling, white hair had been cut crudely and was now just below her shoulders. She had little to no strength left in her.

Mira thought about what her girlfriend was probably going through, or had already gone through. It made her furious and panicked to think about. Her beloved celestial wizard was being tortured horribly and in just as much agony as she was. The take-over mage found the very thought to be unbearable, but she couldn't divert her mind from it.

Fresh tears began pouring down her cheeks. She was surprised that she was able to still cry. She had thought that she had run out of them. She sniffled a few times before releasing a pained scream, her throat seeming to throb in pain from all the screaming she had already done. She released tearful wail after tearful wail. She continued to do this until her voice was hoarse and she couldn't so much as whisper.

Her head dropped and she began to completely despair. She had been holding on to hope that someone from Fairy Tail would get worried and come to rescue them, however, it seemed that wasn't going to happen. She had tried to hold onto what little hope she had left, but she felt it quickly slip away from her broken fingers.

Mira's mind wandered to her and Lucy's relationship before this cursed job. All the dates that they had gone on, the other jobs they had done together, and the intimate moments they had shared. She mourned those times that seemed to be far out of her grasp. She doubted that they'd have any more moments like those. She had no hope of getting out alive and she had just as much hope of even seeing Lucy one more time.

The loud, ear-bleeding, scraping sound of the cell down opening across from her. With great struggle and low painful groans, she lifted her head. She was able to just catch the sight of two dark mages walking into her cell before she dropped her head back down. She closed her eyes, anticipating and accepting the torture to come. She listened to the dark mages unlock the cuffs around her bruised and bleeding wrists that had long gone numb. She dropped onto the cold, hard floor, releasing a pained groan, and tried to prop herself up on her elbows before failing and going limp, landing face down. She allowed herself to be picked up bridal-style.

In a blur that she was unable to fully process, Mira was roughly dropped on her back onto the stone floor again. She groaned in pain once more. She was just barely able to hear the door slamming to a close. She lay on her back, feeling the blood from her wounds begin to pool around her, and every part of her body ache agonizingly.

A muffled groan next to her caused her to open her eyes and turn her head to her left. She released a weak gasp at the sight that was next to her. Her beloved girlfriend was laying on her side, reaching out to her with one mangled hand. Lucy was completely naked and covered in her own blood. Gashes and wounds that served as evidence of torture littered her once flawless skin. Her beautiful blonde hair was matted by dry blood and cruelly chopped. Her once sparkling and entrancing, chocolate brown eyes were almost lifeless. She was just barely holding onto life. The sight brought new tears to Mira's dull, blue eyes.

The white-haired woman used what was left of her strength to roll herself over and crawl over to Lucy. She weakly draped an arm over the beaten blonde and pulled her shivering body closer as best she could, trying to give what comfort was possible. She felt Lucy release a weak, choking sob which prompted Mira to shush her as best she could. They would be remaining in this world for long, so there was no point in crying over the coming loss of their own lives.

Why did this have to happen? Why couldn't they live long lives together? What had either of them done to deserve this kind of fate? And so young too. Mira couldn't figure it out. She couldn't think of a single reason, even one sin, that earned either of them such a death as this.

She felt Lucy still and go completely limp. She rasped a question that even she could barely hear, "L-Lucy? Sw-sweetheart?" There was no response. Not even any sort of movement. She bit back a weak sob, tears pricking the corners of her eyes. Her girlfriend had passed on and she wasn't too far behind.

As her eyesight began to blur and fade, Mira faintly heard the metal door open and, after several moments of silence, a familiar voice bellowed in evident fury, "you will pay!" She then heard several muffled magical attacks. The dying take-over mage knew who that voice belonged to, even if it was faded.

Lisanna. Help really did come.

Mira mustered a tiny smile before she gave a small tug on Lucy's lifeless body, pulling her closer one more time. She managed to kiss the top of Lucy's head and mumbled, "I l-love you..." She then closed her eyes and allowed death to sweep her away, feeling content with the fact that her guildmates were now raining hell upon the dark mages and that she would be reunited with the woman she loved in the afterlife.

Fairy Tail mourned two great mages the next day, the sky crying with them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope that this made you sad. I hope that this was sufficiently heart-wrenching. I love angst and putting readers and the characters through pain.

My update schedule:
June 28th: Let Me Tell You a Story (Gray x Lucy x Juvia ft. Romeo)
July 4th: Please, Remember (Cana x Lucy)
July 7th: Bride Succubus Lucy Part 2 (Juvia x Lucy)
July 12th: Dragon Mating Season (Laxus x Lucy ft. GaLe)
July 16th: Get it Off Your Chest Part 2 (Cana x Lucy)
July 20th: Creating a New Couple (Gray x Lucy ft. Romeo and Mirajane)