Mate of a Take-Over Mage (Lisanna x Lucy ft. Natsu)

This was requested on Wattpad by Bellaboo097023.

I wasn't much of a fan of LiLu at first. I just thought that Natsu was better for Lisanna just as I thought that Lisanna was better for Natsu. I still do think both of those things. However, I started reading LiLu fics recently and it has grown on me. I have also started liking Lisanna a bit more recently, and I've gotten better at writing her. However, I am just going to say this now, do not expect the same thing to happen to Natsu and NaLu. Natsu is one of the characters that will never be taken off of my "do not request" list. Back to LiLu. I think that it's a really good ship.

I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucy sipped on her strawberry milkshake, watching from her spot next to Natsu at their team's table as Lisanna chatted with her older sister. The celestial wizard tuned out her best friend's talking as she gazed at the white-haired woman.

Since Lisanna came back from Edolsa, Lucy and she had gotten very close. They spent endless hours talking about their individual types of magic, childhoods, and the frustrating friendship they each had with Natsu. They even went on many jobs together. As time passed, Lucy found herself falling in love with the youngest Strauss sibling.

Wanting to know if she had a chance with Lisanna, Lucy had asked what her sexuality was when they were on a job together. The white-haired mage had become a blushing mess at that question. It took several minutes, but Lisanna had managed to answer that she was a lesbian. Feeling bold, Lucy had confessed that she too was interested in women before she asked her close friend if she was interested in anybody. Lisanna had said that she was, but before the identity of this person could be revealed, they had arrived at their destination and had to abandon their conversation.

Lucy wanted to confess her feelings to Lisanna, but had to find out who it was that she was in love with. She hadn't been able to revisit the topic with her friend due to Natsu dragging her along on jobs. She had thought about asking Mira, surely the S-Class mage would know. However, she was never able to bring herself to do so. She didn't want to raise Mira's suspicions and place herself on the matchmaking woman's radar.

The celestial wizard was brought out of her thoughts when Natsu tapped on her shoulder. She turned her head to look over at him, raising a questioning eyebrow. The dragon slayer was smiling, but his black eyes had a sour look in them. It was as if he was unhappy about something, but was trying to hide it with his usual, toothy smile.

He asked his best friend, "let's go back to your apartment, Luce, I need to tell you something."

Lucy glanced over at Lisanna, then back at Natsu. She didn't want to leave. Instead, she wanted to talk to her friend and figure out if she had any chance with her. Deciding that she would get another chance eventually, Lucy nodded and stood up with Nastu before they began walking to the blonde's apartment.

Once inside the home, Lucy leaned against her table. She smiled at Natsu, inquiring, "what did you want to tell me?"

Natsu remained facing the closed door for a few moments before he turned around, staring at Lucy with a serious expression on his face. It made Lucy uncomfortable. She watched as the dragon slayer approached her with slow steps, trying to not squirm and give away her unease. Soon, Natsu had placed a hand on the table behind his blonde friend, trapping her. He leaned forward and whispered, sending unpleasant shivers down Lucy's spine, "I love you, Lucy."

Lisanna groaned and glanced back at Lucy, who was looking at Natsu as he rambled on about something that was clearly lost on the celestial wizard next to him. She turned back around to face her sister again. She looked up at Mira's sympathetic expression as she lamented, "I just don't think that she'll reciprocate my feelings."