Fairy Meets Dark Wizard (Zeref x Lucy)

This was requested on AO3 by Kurasame.

I tried to stay as close to the request as possible, however, there were a few things that I had to change for a better understanding for the reader. Nothing major was changed, though.

I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're gonna do what?!"

Lucy sighed. She knew that her teammates wouldn't be too big of fans of her decision. She crossed her arms over her chest and repeated herself to her three friends, "I'm going to Akane Resort." Natsu, Gray, and Erza opened their mouths to say something in unison again, but their blonde teammate raised her hand to silence them. She continued, "It's just for a few weeks. I just need some time to myself and relax. I'll be back at the guild before you know it." She finished with a smile.

The three mages were silent for a few moments, obviously not pleased that she was staying at Akane Resort without them. Natsu was the one to speak, "why can't we stay with you, Luce?"

Lucy gave a simple answer, "I just need to be alone." She then turned around and walked away from her team, not waiting for them to say anything.

She wasted no time in packing up her stuff in the hotel that the two Fairy Tail teams had been staying at for the Grand Magic Games. She sent her things to the Celestial Spirit World by summoning Virgo before she traveled to Akane Resort, which is how she found herself where she is now.

Lucy gave a relaxed sigh, laying on her stomach on a beach towel, enjoying the sun that shined onto her. She had untied the strings of her bikini top, sunbathing and hoping to get at least a little tanned. She was drifting off into sleep when she suddenly felt a pull on her magic. She lifted her head from its position of laying on her folded arms. She looks around the beach, only to find that there was nobody around. Strange. She could have sworn that there were other people when she arrived just ten minutes ago.

Lucy sat up on her knees, reaching behind herself to tie the strings of her bikini top. She then stood and began walking along the beach until she came to a strip of forest. She stood at the edge, having followed the pull on her magic. She couldn't figure out what it was, but something was calling her through her magic, urging her to continue walking.

She took a single step before the pull disappeared altogether, making her take a couple of steps backward and blink several times. She looked up at the trees and then into the small forest. What was that? She had never experienced something like that before. Was someone in there? Was someone calling to her through the use of some type of magic? Or was it something rather than someone? Lucy shook her head and made her way back to her beach towel, finding that there were still no people on the part of the beach that she had been. She quickly decided to put it out of her mind and dismiss it as a one-time thing. She resumed her sunbathing with no other pull on her magic. She soon decided to head back to her hotel room.

Lucy had stayed at Akane Resort for a couple of weeks when she felt a pull on her magic again, this time stronger, much stronger. She had worked on her novel for a few hours before going to bed for the night. She laid down in the dark and closed her eyes, waiting for sleep to take over. However, it didn't happen. She began tossing and turning in bed, unable to sleep or even get comfortable. She couldn't figure out why she was having difficulty falling asleep. There was nothing wrong, so why couldn't she sleep?

She was laying in bed, staring up at the ceiling, when she felt that pull on her magic again. It was weak but noticeable. She sat up, climbed out of bed, and walked over to her large window. She looked out of it but didn't see anything. Knowing that she was the only wizard at the resort, she decided that it would be best to investigate. She exited her hotel room and followed the pull on her magic, still in her nightclothes and a keyring of gold and silver keys in her hand. As she walked, the magical pull got steadily stronger.

She quickly found herself on the beach, the pull on her magic now so strong that she couldn't break free of it even if she wanted to. She walked toward the ocean. She found on the sandy shore a pair of dark boots, a large and white piece of cloth, and a dark robe with a lighter color along the trim. Lucy looked up to see what appeared to be a man standing in the water, his back to her. He stood there with no shirt, the legs of his pants rolled up to his knees. The water of the ocean lapped around his ankles. Light from the full moon overhead shinned down, providing just enough light for Lucy to make out the man's black hair and pale skin.

Lucy found herself in a trance as the pull on her magic increased in strength, revealing to her that this man was the source of the mysterious pull. She watched him with wide eyes, unable to move further. The man, feeling a pair of eyes on him, slowly turned around. He seemed surprised to find Lucy standing there, simply staring at him in what he could only identify as wonder and intrigue.

He felt a strong yank on his magic. He quickly came to the realization that this young woman was the source of the magical pull he felt the first time he came to this resort, seeking escape from crowds of people that he had found himself encountering too many times. He felt a magical pull while resting in a small strip of forest. Fearing that it was a person, he ran away, determining to not return. However, just a couple of weeks later, he returned only briefly to stand in the ocean water and wash away the solitude that followed him everywhere he went. He had felt a weak pull, but ignored it, hoping that it would go away. He felt it slowly get stronger, but continued to ignore it with a hopeless prayer that it would go away.

Zeref took in the woman's appearance. Her beautiful face, radiant blonde hair, enchantingly dark eyes, and revealing sleeping attire. He gave her a small smile, saying just loud enough for her to hear, "a heavenly creature such as yourself shouldn't be near me." He knew that he should be worried for her safety, but for some reason he couldn't put his finger on he just wasn't worried for her. Rather, he shared her feelings of captivation.

Lucy took a step closer, her chocolate-brown eyes locking onto the night sky-black eyes of the man in front of her. They didn't know each other, and yet they were drawn so strongly towards each other that they couldn't even break their gazes. Lucy asked in almost a whisper that Zeref was just barely able to hear, "why?" She took another step closer, stepping into the water.

Zeref willed himself to step away from her, but his body refused to listen, instead, he took a couple of steps closer to Lucy. The two mages slowly walked closer until they were standing directly in front of each other, just a foot of distance between them. They were still staring into each other's eyes as Zeref raised his left hand as though he was asking her to place her hand in his. Lucy lifted her guild marked hand and gently placed it on his, allowing him to close his fingers around her hand to hold it with a firm yet also gentle grip.

The magical pull that both mages were experiencing immediately dissipated, but they remained staring into each other's dark eyes, not wanting to look away for even a moment. The pair slowly leaned closer until their lips met in a soft kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another oneshot that I managed to write in just one day! I'm on a roll! I hope this turned out good, I'm proud of it!

My update schedule:
June 6th: Get it Off Your Chest (Cana x Lucy)
June 10th: Please, Forgive Me Part 2 (Gajeel x Lucy)
June 14th: Remember Me? Part 2 (Sting x Lucy)
June 18th: You Don't Need Her (Elfman x Lucy)
June 23rd: You Will Pay (Mira x Lucy)
June 28th: Let Me Tell You a Story (Gray x Lucy x Juvia ft. Romeo)
July 4th: Please, Remember (Cana x Lucy)
July 7th: Bride Succubus Lucy Part 2 (Juvia x Lucy)