Gemi and Mini's Plan (Freed x Lucy ft. Gemini)

This was requested on AO3 by Fairyzilla.

Now for some Gemini antics at the expense of Lucy's pride!

I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucy sat at a table with Levy, who was talking excitedly about a book that she had recently come across. However, the blonde wasn't able to pay much attention. The voice of her friend muffled in her ears as her eyes drifted up to the second floor of the guildhall. She watched as Freed buried his nose into a book while Bixlow babbled to Evergreen across the table from him. She felt her cheeks warm in a light blush as she took in the rune mage's attractive side profile.

She hadn't realized that she was staring when Levy suddenly clapped her hands in front of her face, causing her to jump and snap back to attention. She turned back to her friend, finding that the blue-haired woman was grinning at her with a knowing sparkle in her eyes.

Lucy straightened her back and flicked her eyes away as her cheeks warmed even more, asking, "what?"

Levy raised an eyebrow, a cheshire grin still on her face. "You were staring at him again."

Lucy looked away at the floor. She responded, "I, um, don't know what you're talking about."

She heard Levy sigh. "Come on, Lucy! You've been crushing on Freed for a year now, you need to confess to him already!"

Lucy snapped her gaze back up to look at her best friend, shaking her hands in front of herself frantically as she exclaimed, "I can't do that!"

"And why not?"

"Because...well, because..." Lucy looked down at the table, her cheeks burning and her gut doing flips. She thought about telling Freed how she felt, but was overcome with an anxious feeling and fear of him rejecting her. She groaned and dropped her head onto the table, finally answering, "there's no way that he would feel the same way. He probably likes Laxus or Mira."

"How do you know that? Haven't you and Freed been getting really close recently?"

"Yeah, but-"

"But what? You can't know how he feels if you don't tell him about your feelings. Lucy, you could be passing up a chance to date Freed. If he doesn't feel the same way, then at least you'll get some closure."

Lucy lifted her head to look at her friend. She then looked up at Freed. Letting her friend's words sink in, her brow furrowed as she was overcome with a sudden wave of courage. She smiled at Levy and said, "thanks, Levy!"

She then stood up and made her way to the staircase that lead up to the second floor of the guildhall. She marched up the stairs and walked toward the Thunder Legion's table, approaching from behind Freed. Laxus wasn't present, so it was just the Freed, Evergreen, and Bixlow at the table.

Lucy recited in her head what she was going to say. Until, the realization of what she was doing hit like one of Natsu's Dragon Slayer Roars. She stopped in her tracks, her brain instantly short-circuiting. What was she doing? Was she really going to tell Freed that she had feelings for him? Sure, it's possible that he likes her in that way too, but what if he doesn't? What if he rejects her? What was she going to do then? Would she be able to still be friends with him? She and Freed had become surprisingly close recently, so would that relationship be affected at all? Would Freed want to be her friend still? The celestial wizard was staring at nothing in particular as her mind raced with questions.

"-ucy? Lucy? Lucy!"

Lucy once again jumped and snapped back to reality when someone loudly called her name. She realized that she had been standing in one spot, staring at Freed's back, when she found that said man was standing in front of her, watching her with his usual blank face, but worry was evident in his sea-green eyes.