Stop Flirting With Her! (Erza x Lucy)

This was requested on Wattpad by Bellaboo097023.

Ready for some protective Erza?

I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If there was one thing that the people of Magnolia and the mages of Fairy Tail knew, it was to never, ever flirt with Lucy Heartfilia.

For a couple of years now, Lucy had done what nobody had been able to do: she got Titania to be her girlfriend.

Their relationship was announced at the following Grand Magic Games and Sorceror Weekly went crazy. The journalists who were sent to find out more about the couple led to the discovery of something that very few people were surprised to learn.

Erza is a protective girlfriend.

Any of the poor journalists who had to interview either of the two women made the mistake of getting too excited and showered Lucy with questions faster than she could answer. Upon seeing her girlfriend get overwhelmed with questions, both personal and not, Erza wasted no time in requipping into one of her armors and threatening the journalists. She told them to leave her girlfriend alone, or else they'll face her. This, of course, was something that none of them wanted, so the journalists bolted away.

Within two years, it became an unspoken rule that you do not flirt with Lucy, or even look at her in a way that could be mistaken for something that wasn't platonic or chaste, unless you want to almost die at the hands of Titania. And nobody was stupid enough to do that.

A lot of other people can attest to this as well.

There was a time that Sting Eucliffe, the Guild Master of Sabertooth, flirted shamelessly with Lucy and asked her on a date. That ended with Erza throwing him out of his own guildhall.

There was also that time when a fan of Lucy's offered to buy her a drink at a bar where the two women were on a date. The poor guy quickly learned a valuable lesson that day.

However, this protectiveness has proved to be a good thing many times.

For example, Erza and Lucy went on a job together shortly after the started dating. The dark mage they were fighting managed to separate them, getting Lucy alone with him. Erza, despite knowing that Lucy was a capable wizard on her own, couldn't help but worry greatly about her girlfriend. It was thanks to her strong urge to protect her girlfriend that she was able to find the two mages and saved Lucy from being captured when she was overpowred by the dark mage.

There was another time when the two women were on a bar date again. Erza had left Lucy at the bar to go to the bathroom. While she was gone, Lucy had been distracted by two men who were arguing. This made her laugh to herself due to the two men reminding her of Gray and Natsu. While she was distracted, some other man had slipped a drug into her drink. Fortunately for Lucy and unfortunately for the man, Erza was returning at this point. Upon seeing someone trying to drug her girlfriend, the red-haired woman went into a rage.

Nobody really knew if Lucy was aware of her girlfriend's protectiveness. It was difficult to believe that she was oblivious to it, but she never did show any awareness of it. She would never so much as bat an eye at her girlfriend threatening anyone who flirts with her, leading people to think that she either was oblivious to it, or she just didn't pay any mind to it.

This brings us to the current point in their relationship. Erza was walking beside Lucy was they strolled through the marketplace in Magnolia. Lucy was looking around at the stalls, hoping to find some books. Erza wasn't very interested in visiting the marketplace, they never had anything that she liked, after all, but she was nonetheless happy to come if it meant seeing her girlfriend smile.

It didn't take long for Lucy to find a stall that was selling books. Erza decided to hang back and stand a few feet behind her girlfriend, keeping an eye out for anybody who would dare to stare at Lucy.

She knew that she was protective and should probably calm down a bit, but could you blame her? Lucy was beautiful, kind, and intelligent. She was the perfect girlfriend and Erza didn't want to loss her. She hated seeing anyone flirt with her girlfriend. She also hated the idea of anybody taking advantage of or harming her girlfriend.

She had her back facing Lucy, not looking unlike a loyal bodyguard, when she heard Lucy laugh. She turned around, curious about what her girlfriend thought was funny. Her eyes widened when she caught sight of the book stall owner smiling as he told another joke, earning more laughter.

Erza's eyes narrowed into a glare, but she didn't do anything. She wanted to be sure that the man was flirting and not just telling jokes and being friendly. She watched the man closely, listening to his next words, "you like that book, yeah?"

Lucy nodded, glancing down at the book that she was holding, "I've looking for it everywhere!"

The man chuckled, "I'm not surprised. It took me months to find it. I gave it a ready a little while ago, actually. It's quite good, I highly recommend it."

Lucy grinned, "really? I heard that it was a great read!"

The man leaned closer to Lucy, causing the blonde to drop her frown and give the man a hesitant look, and causing the redhead to tense in preparation to jump into action. The man purred, "I can give it to you for free."

Lucy glanced away from him and took a step back, responding, "really?"

"Yeah. On one condition."

"W-what?"

The man hummed after he raked his eyes over Lucy's body, "you're a very beautiful young woman. I would love to take you on a date. So, if you agree to go out with me, then you can have that book for free."

Erza didn't give Lucy time to respond, rushing toward the stand. She slapped a hand on the stand and grabbed the man shirt with her other hand, growling at him, "stop flirting with her!"

The man paled and began to tremble as he stared at Erza, fear clear in his eyes. He stuttered, "I-I wasn't-"

Erza cut him off, "yes you were! I heard everything!"

The man begged, "p-please, don't hurt me! Y-You can take th-the book! Free of charge! J-just don't hurt me!"

Erza huffed before she released him and made sure Lucy had the book in her hands. Once sure that her girlfriend had the book, she wrapped her arm around the blonde's waist and lead her away, yet another poor idiot traumatized by Titania for making the mistake of flirting with her girlfriend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you liked this oneshot. I really enjoyed writing it.

My update schedule:
January 15th: Stop Trying to Kill Him! (Mira x Lucy)
January 17th: Lucy's Protective Girlfriends (Erza x Lucy x Mira ft. Natsu, Lisanna, and Gray)
January 20th: Laxus' Soulmate (Laxus x Lucy ft. Levy, Thunder Legion, Loke, and Makarov)
January 22nd: Protective Spirits (Laxus x Lucy ft. Lucy's Spirits)
January 25th: Mating Season and Jealousy (Lisanna x Lucy x Erza ft. Mira)
January 27th: Auction (Freed x Lucy x Rufus)
January 30th: Gemi and Mini's Plan (Freed x Lucy ft. Gemini)
February 1st: The Nightmares of Iron and Water (Gajeel x Lucy x Juvia)
February 4th: Spirits and Babies (Bixlow x Lucy)
February 6th: Fun at Ryuzetsu Land (Juvia x Lucy x Evergreen)
February 9th: Here Comes the Brides (Juvia x Lucy)
February 12th: Cuddles and Protective Teammates Part 2 (Cana x Lucy)
February 14th: I will Live for a Million Years (Loke x Lucy ft. Aquarius)
February 16th: Laxus and Lucy from the Future (Laxus x Lucy)
February 19th: I'm Not Leaving You (Gray x Lucy)
February 22nd: The Red Bitch is Back Part 2 (Laxus x Lucy)
February 26th: You're as Intimidating as a Butterfly (Meredy x Lucy)