Get it Off Your Chest Part 2 (Cana x Lucy)

This was requested on Wattpad by Bellaboo097023.

When I wrote part 1, I purposefully wrote it the way that I did so that someone would request part 2 because I really wanted to write part 2 for it. I enjoy writing part 2's for my oneshots.

I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucy stared after Cana. Her eyes had widened to the size of saucers. Her hand was still held out, having been holding onto her friend's wrist before the brunette ripped it out of her hand and ran out of the apartment. The celestial wizard was shocked and pained. Shocked by Cana's sudden proclamation that she loves her. Pained by the fact that her friend thought that she didn't love her. Lucy had always thought that she was the one that had unrequited love for the other woman.

She mumbled absentmindedly, "she loves me...she loves me...she loves me." She continued to mumble these words to herself, not fully believing the words she had just heard with her own ears. She was almost convinced that the whole thing was a dream. She quickly looked down at her arm and pinched herself, wincing at the sharp pain and watching as the skin she had pinched turned slightly red. That meant she wasn't dreaming. This was all real.

She turned her gaze back to the still-open door. What should she do? Should she go after Cana? How was she even supposed to find her distressed friend? She didn't know where Cana ran off to. She didn't know what she should do, nor did she think that she would be able to get her legs to move.

As she stared at the door, trying to figure out what she should do, she faintly heard the window across the room behind her open and a familiar voice call out to her loudly, "Hey, Luce! I found a really good job that we can go on tomorrow! Take a look!"

She was just barely able to register the few moments of silence before Natsu placed a hand on her shoulder and shook her a little, chanting to get her attention, "Luce! Luce! Lucy! Hey, Lucy!"

As the dragon slayer continued to try to get her attention, Lucy's mind replayed Cana's whole confession. She tensed upon remembering the look on her friend's face. The look of hurt on her pretty face and the tears that streamed down her cheeks. It made a sharp stab of pain shoot through the blonde's chest. It hurt her to remember seeing that reaction from the woman that she loved. It hurt her to know that Cana had believed so strongly that her love was unrequited and was so scared of rejection.

Did Cana believe that Lucy would want to be friends with her? Did Cana really think that Lucy hate her simply because of her feelings? That was ridiculous! Even if she didn't love Cana, Lucy would never be able to hate her. Cana was one of her closest friends! She could never hate her!

Lucy had to find Cana and tell her that she loved her too. She had to fix what had just happened. But where was Cana? Maybe at the guild? Cana was a major drinker. It was reasonable to assume that the card mage would be at the guild drinking, right? Even if Cana wasn't at the guild, surely Mira would know where she may be.

Lucy pushed Natsu away and ran out the door and out of her apartment. She ran to the guild, pushing her legs to move faster even when they began to hurt and her breathing began to become heavy. She allowed the image of Cana, crying and feeling rejected and hurt, to continue to remain on her mind. She did like thinking about it, but it made her run faster, so she didn't try to push the image away.

The celestial wizard pushed the guild's door open and looked to the bar, quickly finding the woman she was looking for sitting on one of the stools and downing an entire barrel of alcohol. Lucy took a few moments to catch her breath and steel herself before she made her way to Cana.

She watched as the brunette took notice of her, glancing over at her before her face took on a panicked expression and she turned away. Lucy sat on the stool next to her and stared at her with a soft and slightly saddened expression. She waited for the card mage to turn around and look at her, but when that didn't happen, she placed a hand on her shoulder.

Cana turned her head to glance at her and then quickly turned her head away again, muttering, "here to end our friendship?"

Lucy's expression changed to one of shock. She wasn't expecting to hear that. She responded, "Cana, no! I don't want to end our friendship!"

The brunette turned around to face the bar. She stared down at the surface of the bar and asked in a low tone, "won't I loving you make our friendship weird?"

Lucy gave a silent sigh before answering, "well, it would be weird if we continued to be friends because I love you too."

Cana snapped her head up and around to look at Lucy, visibly shocked by what she had just heard and not fully believing it. Lucy suppressed a chuckle at how cute Cana looked. The look on her face reminded Lucy of a surprised cat.

The blonde woman placed a hand over Cana's that lay on top of the bar. Before she could go on with a confession, Cana questioned, "but what about Natsu? I thought you loved him."

Lucy was taken aback by that statement. Did other mages of the guild think that she loved Natsu? That wasn't true at all! She loved Natsu, sure, but as an annoying brother. Nothing more than that. She asked the card mage in front of her, "why would you think that?"

Cana answered, still shocked and in disbelief, "w-why would you love me when you could have him? He's your best friend and is the reason that you came to Fairy Tail!"

Lucy shook her head, smiling at the other woman. "Cana, he is my best friend, but I don't love him. Besides, he isn't the reason that I came to Fairy Tail. When I met him, I was already on my way to Fairy Tail. It's just because of him that I came here sooner than I would have otherwise." She paused a few moments, allowing the card mage to process her words, before she continued, "I love you, Cana."

She then leaned forward and pressed a kiss to her lips. She soon pulled away and watched as realization dawned on Cana. She could tell that the brunette had finally processed what was happening and came to the understanding that Lucy loved her too. A wide smile broke out on her face and she quickly cupped Lucy's face in her hands before pulling her into a kiss.

The guild suddenly erupted into cheers and clapping, drawing the two women's attention. They had forgotten that they were in the guild and hadn't realized that their guildmates were watching them intently. Lucy and Cana laughed a bit before turning back to each other and sharing one more kiss. When they pulled away, they rested their foreheads against each other, gazing into each other's dark eyes with a smile on both of their faces.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wanted this one to be short and sweet. I hope it turned out well.

My update schedule:
July 20th: Creating a New Couple (Gray x Lucy ft. Romeo and Mirajane)
July 24th: I'm Happy with Them! (Sting x Lucy x Rogue)
July 28th: Secrecy and Jealousy (Jellal x Lucy ft. Erza)
August 2nd: Jellal and Lucy?! (Jellal x Lucy ft. Team Natsu)
August 10th: Lucy One and Lucy Two (Bixlow x Lucy x Freed ft. Wendy)
August 13th: CPR (Cana x Lucy ft. Brandish)
August 16th: Birthday Kiss (Juvia x Lucy)
August 20th: Gifts from Layla Heart (Evergreen x Lucy)
August 24th: Drawn to Her (Zeref x Lucy)
August 30th: Bride Succubus Lucy Part 2: Alternate Ending (Vidaldus x Lucy x Juvia)
September 4th: Rune Mage to the Rescue (Freed x Lucy)