Slow Down, Lightning Bolt! (Laxus x Lucy)

This was requested on AO3 by NissArsil.

This is a Soulmate AU oneshot where the first words your soulmate says to you are written on your body. I think Soulmate AUs are nice, but I don't actively read them because they tend to border on aromanticism erasure. That's not to say that they can't be good, though.

Also, I'm honestly surprised at how many LaLu requests I've gotten. LaLu is more popular than I expected.

I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Laxus sat at a table on the second floor of the Fairy Tail guildhall. The Thunder Legion was sitting with him like they always did when the four of them had no jobs to go on or anything else to do. Evergreen was fixing her makeup, Freed was reading a new book, and Bixlow was using Peppe to spy on people outside of the guild, so he appeared to be staring off into space.

Laxus stared down at the mages below. He could tell that a brawl was brewing. The dragon slayer looked down at his exposed inner right arm. The sleeve of his black dress shirt was rolled up to the elbow. He stared down at the words that were etched into his skin.

'Slow down, Lightning Bolt!'

Those are the first words that his soulmate will speak to him.

He wasn't sure why he was so interested in the whole soulmates thing, but ever since he's learned what these words on his arm meant, he's been listening for those four words. twenty-five years into being alive, and he's yet to hear them.

He seemed to be the only person he knew that wasn't very concerned about finding their soulmate.

Evergreen had already found her's in Elfman. Apparently, her soulmate's words are written across her stomach, saying 'look out for that chair!'

Bixlow had yet to find his soulmate. Their first words to him were on his lower left arm. 'Your little totems are so cute!' is what the writing reads. He didn't actively search for them, preferring to let his soulmate find him.

According to Freed, he doesn't have any writing on his body. When he informed his friends of that fact, he didn't seem to care at all, saying that he wasn't interested in having a soulmate. He just didn't care.

Laxus just wanted to find his soulmate before he got old. He sighed and rolled his black sleeve back down. He stood up and walked over to the S-Class request board. He scanned the four job requests that hung there. Not seeing a job request that sparked his interest, he turned around and walked past his three friends. Walking down the stairs, he approached the bar and sat down. Mira, knowing exactly what beverage he wanted, walked away to get him a mug of beer.

The blonde man rested his head in his hand, elbow propped up on the surface of the bar. He was bored. Unbearably so. He didn't have anything to do and honestly didn't even feel like taking a job. He wished that he had found his soulmate already so he could spend time with them. At least that'd cure his boredom.

Mira then came walking over, getting Laxus' attention. She asked him, "could you go to the liquor store and buy some more alcohol, Laxus?"

The Lightning Dragon Slayer sat up and dropped his propped-up arm back down onto the bar. He gave the woman in front of him a bored look as he answered, "doesn't that place close in an hour?"

Mira nodded. "I guess you better hurry. Do you know what to get?"

Laxus sighed as he stood. He accepted the jewel that Mira handed him for the alcohol and put it into his pants pocket as he nodded his head to her question. He walked out of the guild, into the darkening outside. I could use my magic, but I guess I could run instead. The exercise wouldn't hurt, he thought as he bolted in the direction of the liquor store.

As he ran past a series of apartment complexes, he heard a feminine voice call out the words that he had been waiting years to hear:

"Slow down, Lightning Bolt!"

Laxus skidded to a stop and whipped around to see a young blonde woman flattening herself against a closed apartment door. It appeared as though he had nearly run into her without realizing and she had flattened against that door to avoid being run over.

With wide eyes, Laxus took in her appearance in the dimming light of the setting sun. She had blonde hair that seemed to be made out of the sun's rays, her chocolate brown eyes appeared to be almost black, and she was dressed in a light blue, strapless dress that amplified her large bust. She seemed familiar, but Laxus couldn't put a name to her beautiful face.

The woman walked toward him with an amused smile. She waved a hand in front of the man's face, snapping him out of his reverie. Laxus blinked a few times before looking down at her. "What did you say to me, Blondie?"

The woman drew back her hand to hold it against her ample chest. She had gasped and stared at him in surprise, just as he had at her.

That is when Laxus saw it.

The pink Fairy Tail guild mark on the back of her right hand. Realization hit him and he knew who he was face-to-face with.

Lucy Heartfilia.

Lucy then spoke, "um...Laxus?"

Laxus shook himself back to reality. He responded, "yeah?"

Lucy then took a few steps back. She leaned down to pull up the hem of her dress just enough to show him her upper right thigh, but not her panties. She angled her leg so that Laxus could easily read the writing on her thigh, 'What did you say to me, Blondie?'

Laxus' eyes widened. That's what I just said to her. He then rolled up his sleeve as Lucy released the hem of her dress and straightened her posture. Laxus leaned forward so the other blonde could read the writing on the inside of his right arm, 'Slow down, Lightning Bolt!'

Lucy's eyes widened and she looked up at Laxus. Their eyes met and in that instant, they both felt a click. Now that they were here, they knew that they were meant to be together.

Laxus then suddenly remembered that he had been sent out by Mira to get more alcohol. He hurriedly said to Lucy, "be at the guild by ten in the morning tomorrow," then he used his Lightning Dragon Slayer magic to teleport to the liquor store.

As he picked out the bottles of alcohol that he knew Mira wanted and paid for them, all Laxus could think about was Lucy. All of a sudden his thoughts were taken over by her. He didn't expect it, but he also didn't hate it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I decided to make this short when compared to the others. I hope you liked it!

My update schedule:
April 9th: Thunderstorm Comfort (Freed x Lucy)
April 13th: Golden Key to Your Heart (Laxus x Lucy)
April 15th: Love Born from Heartbreak (Juvia x Lucy)
April 18th: Mira's Truth or Dare Scheme (Levy x Lucy)
April 21st: The Cute Barista (Zeref x Lucy)
April 25th: You Stood Up for Me? (Cobra x Lucy)
May 1st: Saving My Cosplayer (Bixlow x Lucy)
May 5th: I'll be Your Woman (Laxus x Lucy)
May 9th: Remember Me? (Sting x Lucy)
May 13th: Too Far, Minerva (Rogue x Lucy)
May 15th: Please, Forgive Me (Gajeel x Lucy)
May 19th: Unexpected Partner (Orga x Lucy)
May 23rd: When the Matchmaker Falls in Love (Mira x Lucy)