A Lion's Pride (Loke x Lucy)

This was requested on AO3 by ccnchas.

It's about time I get a LoLu request! I have been dying to write something for these two! I love LoLu! ZerLu may be the ship that led to me getting into Fairy Tail, but LoLu was my first ship since watching the show. It's no longer my OTP, but I still love it nonetheless. I love their Princess x Knight dynamic! There are not enough LoLu fics and I would be more than happy to provide some. A romance between the two of them would likely be forbidden, but they would still make a really good couple, I think. I love this ship a lot!

I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Iris! Eros! Come to eat your sandwiches!"

Loke stood in the shade of a tree, his arms crossed over his chest and leaning against the trunk of the tree. A fond smile stretched across his face as he watched his wife sit on a picnic blanket with a basket next to her. A pair of seven-year-old twins, both auburn-haired and brown-eyed, ran to their mother. One twin, a boy, had Plue in his arms while the other twin, a girl, had a doll clutched in his grip. The two children sat in front of their mother and began eating the food that had been packed for them, resting before they resumed their play in the surprisingly empty park.

A silent sigh escaped Loke as he watched his family, his pride. He remembered the day he married Lucy like it was yesterday. The journey to that point wasn't short. He chuckled internally when he recalled how long it had taken him to get Lucy to agree to date him. Loads of flowers, mountains of chocolate-covered strawberries, hundreds of love letters, and countless promises to never flirt with another woman again. For three years he pursued his wizard, but it was all worth it, in his opinion, because Lucy had finally agreed to a date. And it was an amazing date.

They dated for a few years, trying to survive Mira. They watched as Natsu married Lisanna, Gray married Juvia, Erza married Jellal, and Gajeel married Levy. It made Loke yearn for the same thing. He had spent several months watching Lucy closely every time the prospect of marriage, wondering if that was something she wanted. Eventually, he finally decided that he would ask her. When Lucy told him that she had dreamed of getting married since she was a child, the first thing he did was get the biggest diamond ring that he could find.

The sound of Lucy screaming "yes" was the best sound he would ever hear. Tears trickled down both of their faces as they kissed, hugged, and professed their love for each other multiple times. Their wedding had followed just a few months later, courtesy of Mira, with Natsu as Loke's best man, Levy as Lucy's maid of honor, Aquarius walking Lucy down the aisle, and Makarov officiating the couple's marriage.

Two years later, the best day of both of their lives arrived. After fifty hours of painful labor and crushing worry, as well as a nearly broken hand on Loke's side, a pair of twins were born as the sun rose above the horizon. First, a girl. Twenty minutes later, a boy. The names of their children weren't difficult to pick. There were only two names that could fit the small angels they were gazing down at lovingly.

Iris and Eros.

As time went by, Loke spent as much time as he possibly could with his family, to the point that he was in Earth Land more than he was in the Celestial Spirit World. He didn't mind this, though. All he wanted to do was spend time with his wife and children.

Loke pushed off of the tree he was leaning against and walked toward the picnic spot, calling out as he got closer, "I'm here!"

Iris and Eros whipped their heads up to look at him before they threw their sandwiches onto a couple of plates and ran to the celestial spirit, yelling joyfully in unison, "Papa!"

Loke laughed and kneeled on one knee as he opened his arms wide to accept a hug from his twins. Iris and Eros soon pulled away and pulled their father over to the picnic blanket, both telling him about what they had been doing all day. Their chatter came to a stop when Lucy spoke, "Iris. Eros. Finish eating and then you can play with Papa." The twins obeyed, diving back into their food.

Once finished, they jumped up and ran off, wanting to continue playing as they urged their father to join them. Loke chuckled and answered the pair, "give me a moment. I want to talk to Mamma."

When the twins ran off, he turned to his wife and leaned forward to kiss her a few times. Lucy placed a hand on his chest and gently pushed him away, muttering when their lips were now only an inch away, "you're late."

Loke smiled, pecking another kiss to her lips before he responded, "sorry, I got into a fight with Aquarius."

Lucy chuckled at that. The couple kissed a few more times. When they pulled away, the celestial wizard leaned into Loke's embrace, giving a contented sigh as her husband wrapped an arm around her. Loke reached his other hand toward her, rubbing gentle circles on the small, but noticeable bump in her belly. 

He asked with a hushed voice, "do we know the gender yet?"

Lucy answered, her voice just as low as his, "I was hoping we could wait until the baby is born."

Loke nodded, telling her that he was perfectly fine with that. He then questioned, "any name ideas?"

Lucy snuggled closer to her husband, answering, "I was thinking Medea if it's a girl."

Loke thought about the name, quickly deciding that he loved it. He then looked back down at his expecting wife to question, "and if it's a boy?"

Lucy shrugged, responding, "I was thinking you could pick one."

Loke gave a slight chuckle before he took a few moments to think of a boy's name that he liked. It didn't take him long to come up with something. "How about Damon?"

Lucy nodded as she mumbled, "I love that name."

Loke tightened his hold on Lucy, just slightly, as he looked back at his other two children playing with Aries, who had been summoned by one of the twins. The soft smile on his face got bigger as he soaked in the peaceful moment.

This was all he needed. A day at the park with his pride. He couldn't think of a more perfect way to have family time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed the fluffiness. I loved writing this. LoLu is such a fun ship to write.

My update schedule:
November 10th: Comforting a Damaged Star (Lisanna x Lucy)
November 13th: Cuddles and Protective Teammates (Cana x Lucy ft. Team Natsu)
November 16th: The Red Bitch is Back (Laxus x Lucy)
November 20th: Father Problems (Cana x Lucy)
November 24th: Fan vs Card and Water (Cana x Lucy x Juvia)
November 27th: A Sudden Confession from the She-Demon (Mira x Lucy ft. Jude)
November 30th: I'll Nurse You Back to Health (Mira x Lucy)
December 3rd: The Cat Caught the Fairy Part 2: Prequel (Millianna x Lucy)
December 6th: The Cat Caught the Fairy Part 2 (Millianna x Lucy ft. The Four Women Again)
December 10th: This is the END (Levy x Lucy)
December 13th: I Want to Hear You Sing (Freed x Lucy)
December 16th: A Guy that I'd Kinda be Into (Rufus x Lucy)
December 18th: Shut Up and Kiss Me (Loke x Lucy)
December 20th: Snow Day (Lyon x Lucy)
December 22nd: Romeo! Stop! (Lyon x Lucy ft. Romeo and Wendy)
December 25th: Lucy? Is that You? (Zeref x Lucy)
December 27th: You Look Really Cute in that Sweater (Midnight x Lucy)
December 29th: Want to Have Coffee with Me? (Lyon x Lucy)
December 31st: Falling in Love with an Old Enemy Part 2 (Minerva x Lucy)
January 3rd: Amusement Park Prize (Mira x Lucy)
January 5th: He's My Soulmate! (Zeref x Lucy ft. Natsu, Gray, and Happy)
January 7th: Demon Lucy Part 2 (Minerva x Lucy)
January 10th: Two Helping Hands and Blooming Romance Part 2 (Erza x Lucy x Levy)
January 13th: Stop Flirting With Her! (Erza x Lucy)
January 15th: Stop Trying to Kill Him! (Mira x Lucy)
January 17th: Lucy's Protective Girlfriends (Erza x Lucy x Mira ft. Natsu, Lisanna, and Gray)
January 20th: Laxus' Soulmate (Laxus x Lucy ft. Levy, Thunder Legion, Loke, and Makarov)
January 22nd: Protective Spirits (Laxus x Lucy ft. Lucy's Spirits)
January 25th: Mating Season and Jealousy (Lisanna x Lucy x Erza ft. Mira)
January 27th: Auction (Freed x Lucy x Rufus)
January 30th: Gemi and Mini's Plan (Freed x Lucy ft. Gemini)
February 1st: The Nightmares of Iron and Water (Gajeel x Lucy x Juvia)