I Quit for You (Rufus x Lucy)

This wasn't requested, I just wanted to write this.

I know that RuLu isn't very popular, but I can't help but love it for the same reasons that I love FreLu. I honestly think that they are a very good-looking ship. I also think that their personalities go well together and since they had like no interaction that I can remember, the fics you can write about them aren't restricted by canon material (if that makes sense). I think RuLu is a very appealing ship because it's a rare pair and, in case you haven't noticed, I LOVE rare pairs.

I don't have anything in particular to say about this oneshot, except that I hope you enjoy it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on, Luce, talk to me!" Natsu begged his best friend as she finished up her packing. The pink-haired man was sitting on her bed, having climbed through her window. Lucy now stood in the middle of her room, running through her packing in her mind, making sure that she hadn't forgotten anything. She was purposefully ignoring her pyromaniac friend in hopes that he would decide to leave and pick a fight with Gray or annoy some other guildmate, but it seems she would have no such luck.

"Luuuuuuuce." Natsu wailed, flopping backward on the blonde's freshly made bed. The celestial wizard shot him a glare after noticing that he had caused the bed to become slightly messed up during his break-in and whining.

Lucy sighed as Natsu continued. She sat a bag on top of her suitcase. She then pulled out a golden gate key, pointed it out in front of her, and called out, "Open! Gate of the Maiden: Virgo!" With a golden glow and the chime of a strong bell, Lucy's loyal, pink-haired maid celestial spirit stood a few feet in front of her.

The stoic spirit bowed as she spoke, "you summoned me, Princess? Is it punishment time?" Lucy shook her head. "No, Virgo, no punishment. I would like you to keep my things in the Celestial Spirit World until I need them, please." Virgo nodded and picked up the suitcase and bag that her wizard pointed to with a simple "of course, Princess," and then she disappeared in a golden glow and sparkles.

"Luuuuuuuuce."

Lucy groaned as she turned around. "What? What do you want, Natsu?"

The Dragon Slayer quickly sat up. He beamed at her, "let's go on a job, just you and me!" Lucy stared at him dumbfounded. Did he really not just see me pack some of my stuff and send it to the Celestial Spirit World? The blonde shook her head. "No, Natsu."

"But why not?" He flopped back down onto his back.

Lucy rolled her chocolate-brown eyes. "Because I'm taking a solo job."

Natsu sprang back up, exclaiming, "what? But we're a team and I don't want to go alone!"

"Go with Erza and Gray."

"Gray's hanging out with Lyon at Lamia Scale and trying to get away from Juvia. Erza's helping Bisca teach Azuka Requip magic."

"Where's Happy? You can take him."

"He's too busy trying to find the perfect fish for Carla."

Lucy chuckled at that last thing. She then steeled herself and stated sternly, "I'm still going by myself. You're just gonna have to either go alone or partner with someone else." She then added, "I'm sure Romeo would love to go with you. Hasn't Macao been telling you to take him on a job?" Natsu nodded, muttering an "I guess."

Lucy then placed her hand on Horologium's key, getting the time. She released a small gasp upon hearing from him that it was ten minutes past nine in the morning. She hurriedly ushered Natsu out of the window, mumbling, "I have to get going now" and "I'm late, you distracted me for too long."