Laxus and Lucy from the Future (Laxus x Lucy)

This was requested on AO3 by Oddxddiams.

The request was a bit complicated, so this one was kinda difficult for me. I hope that I didn't do too badly.

Also, this oneshot is featuring Lucy and Laxus' children.

I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucy sighed as she stared down at the pregnancy test stick in her hands. She was sitting on the edge of the bathtub. Her eyes bore into the white screen on the test nervously. A feeling of anxiety swirled in her gut.

Did she want to be pregnant? She didn't know. She and Laxus weren't trying to have children, but she knew that if she was expecting, then they undoubtedly keep it. Nevertheless, a feeling of dread rose from within her and wrapped around her heart. Tears burned her eyes and her hands started to tremble as her mind wandered to the possibility of her being pregnant. She didn't know if it would be a good or bad thing, but she did know that she was terrified of it. She was terrified of being a bad mother. She was terrified of not being able to be a parent. A lack of proper parental figures would do that to someone, she supposed.

The sound of the front door opening and closing caused her to look up at the closed bathroom door and she quickly wiped the few stray tears that had escaped. Laxus' familiar voice called out to her, "Blondie? Where are you?"

She opened her mouth to call out an answer, but no sound came out. Her hold on the pregnancy test tightened a little. She listened as her fiance's footsteps came closer to the bathroom. He was definitely following her scent.

It didn't take long for the doorknob to turn and the door to open. Lucy looked down at the floor, not wanting Laxus to see the distress that was clearly written on her face. Laxus was silent for a few heartbeats until he spoke, his voice soft, "is something wrong?"

Lucy didn't know how she should respond, eventually resolving to just shrug. She listened as Laxus kneeled in front of her. He cupped her face and lifted her head so that she would look at him, meeting no resistance from her. Laxus' stormy blue eyes were soft with concern and gentle care. His lips were pulled into a slight frown. He muttered, "what's wrong?"

The pregnancy test fell from Lucy's hands as tears slipped down her cheeks. She let Laxus pull her into his arms as she silently cried into his chest. It took a few minutes, but she was able to manage to inform him, "I-I might be pregnant."

Laxus rubbed his hand up and down her back, his other hand gently holding the back of her head to his chest. He was silent for a few moments. "What do you want to do if you are?" His voice was stiff, despite the softness of it.

Lucy sniffled and answered, "it's not if I'm pregnant that I'm worried about. It's how I'll be as a mother."

"What do you mean?"

Lucy gently pushed herself away from Laxus so that she could look at him when she answered his question. "My father was a neglectful jerk and my mother died before I was old enough to form distinct memories of her. I grew up in a mansion surrounded by maids. I never had a good parental figure." She rested her forehead against Laxus' chest. "Laxus, I don't know how to be a mother. What if I'm terrible at it? I don't want to have a child when I can't be a mother."

She felt Laxus tighten his hold on her and rest his chin on top of her head. He whispered after a short stretch of silence, "I know how you feel. I didn't know my mother. You already know about my father. Honestly, I was scared to marry you because of the possibility of you wanting kids. I'm terrified of becoming like Ivan. Our hypothetical child doesn't deserve that kind of father, and you don't deserve that kind of husband."