Found You (Cobra x Lucy)

This was requested on AO3 by SakuraFairy.

I love CoLu. They are a very attractive pairing and I don't think I've made it a secret that I love not only rare pairs but also opposites attract pairings. Especially if it's Bad Guy x Good Girl. There is something about it that I can't resist.

I decided to make this from Cobra's perspective because I thought that it would be more interesting, hopefully I did a good job.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cobra lay on his small, ragged bed in his small, dirty prison cell. He stared up at the ceiling, a blank expression on his face. To anybody, it would have seemed that he wasn't thinking of anything in particular, simply staring off into space, but his mind was on something, or rather, someone.

Lucy Heartfilia.

The blonde celestial wizard that he had tried to kill not too long ago. He felt bad, really bad.

When the Oracion Seis had first met the light mages that had allied themselves with each other in order to fight them, Cobra had made the mistake of looking at the blonde Fairy. He never was a believer in "love at first sight," but damn, it sure did seem like that was what happened to him.

He could hardly keep his eyes off of her, only managing to do so when one of her guildmates attacked him. He was a bit sad when he and his guildmates had to leave, as he wanted to continue to admire the blonde.

After that meeting, he hadn't been able to stop thinking about her. Every time he thought about her blonde hair that seemed to have been made out of sunshine, or her chocolate brown eyes that he would have loved to get lost in, or even dare to imagine what a date with her would be like, he would feel his face heat up and he would get a fluttering feeling in his gut. He was willing to bet all of his jewel that she was just as beautiful inside as she was outside.

However, Cobra, being Cobra, couldn't accept that he had fallen in love with a light mage, and one that was actively trying to defeat him at that. He did whatever he could to avoid thinking about her, even to avoid seeing her. He tried to convince himself that this was only a passing thing, that as soon as Oracion Seis succeeded he would get over these feelings.

Now, nearing the end of his sentence, Cobra knew that he was mistaken.

When he was told about the deaths of several Fairy Tail mages, Lucy included, on Tenrou Island he was sure that he would finally stop feeling this way about her, but instead, he had felt this pain in his chest upon hearing Lucy's name among the dead. He had to fight back tears. All he could bring himself to do was sit in his cell in silence, he couldn't even verbally antagonize the guards that stood right outside of his cell and ridicule them. He was too devastated.

And he hated it.

The denial didn't stop at the Nirvana incident, however. When he and many of the other members of Oracion Seis escaped prison and became the Reborn Orasion Seis, he had managed to convince himself that in order to get rid of these unwanted feelings, he had to sacrifice Lucy to the Infinity Clock and get rid of her for good. He wasn't sure why he thought this would work when her supposedly dying on Tenrou didn't work.

He now realized that maybe that was a bit extreme. After their defeat, he had expected that the officially ruined chance with her would help him get over her, but no such luck. Since he returned to prison, Cobra has been thinking about Lucy and his feelings for her. Eventually, he accepted that he had fallen for her and wanted to get to know her, albeit reluctantly.

Cobra had come to the decision that he would wait until his release, then he'd try to find her, maybe even join Fairy Tail, and attempt to befriend her before he romantically pursued her.