No escape

When she was flying home she landed on her roof and her suit molded back into a bracelet slimming down into nanotechnology she perfected, a bracelet for each wrist and an anklet for each ankle that would expand when needed into her suit. She wasn't the face behind Iron Man and she was glad of that but she was an avenger, she was an assassin, she was a genius. She owned 51% of stark industries. Majority owner and yet people always wanted Tony. he was the life of the party, the life of every party even the parties he wasn't invited to. Kat was just Kat. always working, always trying to make Tony happy but she was very much done with that it had been 5 1/2 months since the divorce and Kat was still getting over it. She was still heartbroken but it wasn't for the man that she divorced it was for the man that she loved 10 years ago.

That kind caring man died and she hadn't seen him in years but she kept trying to bring him out thinking maybe one more suit, one more award, one more jet, one more house, one more anything and she would get her Tony back.

he was her whole world they had grown up together.. they were neighbors their fathers were best friends. when her parents died Tony's family took her in. They were inseparable everyone knew they were going to get married they were in love for years but then Tony's parents died. And he changed he was never close with his father although Howard did love Kat, he treated her like family the moment Tony and her started hanging out. But the death of his mother that hit him hard and at first they dove deeper into their work they were unstoppable but the work never stopped and Kat wasn't enough for him anymore.

she loved him and he loved her and she knew that but he wanted everyone to love him. he wanted everyone to know him. she wasn't enough for him anymore although he was enough for her. so for 10 years she put up with his shenanigans, 10 years she put up with his disloyalty, 10 years she tried to win back Tony Stark when he didn't want her anymore... he wanted the rest of the world. He was her whole world for a time and she was still grieving that.

She sat down in her penthouse suite all alone except for her cat a little tabby cat who she loved so much Tony had gotten her him for their eighth wedding anniversary. Their 10th anniversary would've been in two months they almost made it 10 years, she almost survived him for 10 long years, she almost survived his bossy, even addictive ways.

But there's a point in your life when you have to put yourself first or else you're just going to break. She was passed that point and she knew she had to get out or else she was going to lose every last piece of her.

Over the past five months she had finally begun to feel like herself again. She was making new things she was experimenting again she was building and creating and she was writing songs she loved to write songs. She loves to sing and dance. every year on their anniversary Tony would take her out to dinner and they would go dancing afterwards Tony wasn't a big dancer but Kat loved it and he did it to make her happy he would send her four dozen roses every day that week leading up to the anniversary he was so romantic and kind and sweet when he wanted to be and he would do these things that would just make her heart melt. so she would stay and she would think that he was coming back but then the next week would come and he would be in some reporters bed or he would in fact be in his bed, in their bed with someone that wasn't her... all while kat remained at the office working and tinkering and trying not to focus on the fact that Tony hadn't called her after the meeting like he said he would... so that they could go out for dinner... or watch that movie she had been wanting to see... he did this, or rather he didnt do this and it broke her heart and then he did things that made her heart melt and she didn't know what to think. She was in the cycle of pain and hate and love and passion and she couldn't get out of it.

So divorce.

Once she filed for divorce and moved out all of tonys attention went back to her. Rhodey and happy told her had hadn't slept with anyone since she left but she didn't entirely believe them. She didn't care either. Well she did and leaving was hard. So hard. He was a constant in her life since she was five. FIVE! That's her whole life with this person, the past almost ten years married to him, dating him forever, loving him forever!

She only slipped up once though. He had come over on her birthday and she had had one too many drinks that kissing tony, that loving tony seemed like the best idea in the world. She hated herself in the morning. She kicked him out and he gave her his puppy dog eyes as she slammed the door in his face.

she needed to move on. She needed to get tony out of her system. But everything she did was tony. Stark industry, Tony. The avengers, Tony. Even tinkering, Tony. He was the one that taught her when they were kids, he used to love teaching her. just spending time together. They could spend hours together, they didn't even have to stay anything and they were content with each others company. Not anymore.

'You went AWOL!' Wanda said when Kat picked up. 'Where were you? Tony is freaking out! He is tracking your suit now!' wanda said.

'tell him to stop, I took the tracker out.' She didn't but she wanted him to believe it. 'I'm fine I'm home. I had a few bumps but I'm fine.'

'why didn't you tell anyone? Where did you go? Honey are you okay?' wanda questioned.

'Give me the phone,' nat said taking the phone from wanda. 'you alright?'

'Peachy.' Kat replied pouring herself a big glass of wine.

'shes fine tony stop freaking out.' Nat called over her shoulder.

'Give me the phone-' tony was saying.

'Bye nat, bye wands love ya!' kat called out before hanging up.

"wait!' she heard tony yelling.

'So fucking Attentive now that I'm not yours.' She muttered throwing her phone on the couch.

Working with tony, every day, seeing his face, seeing his name in the sky, seeing his face in magazines and on billboards... God she was never going to escape him.