Happy

'Next time you move on, Like I know you'll do, Tell me you won't treat her like you did with me and you.' Kat begged him. 'When she falls hard, And a little too soon... Promise you won't promise things you know just won't come true.' Tony looked down unable to look her in the eyes. 'And don't you dare make her feel like she's the only thing you're seeing, Don't do that stupid thing with your eyes, unless you mean it Anthony.' She warned. 'When you get bored, like you always do... Tell me that you'll let her go before you look for someone new.' Kat forced his face up to hers. 'Treat her better than you treated me tony.'

'Im really sorry kat' tony told her. 'I'm never going to be able to say how sorry I am, it will never be enough for what I put you through.'

'Promise me. She doesn't deserve to be put through the shit you put me through' kat told him dropping her hand from his chin.

'I promise kat.'

She left him in central park, pondering what he was going to do about Pepper. He liked her he loved her. he wanted to marry her but marriage is what screwed him and kat up. Maybe he was tied down and he didn't like that. but maybe he was just a screwed up boy who had a real heart but didn't know how to use it until he got an arc reactor replacement... he would treat pepper right. He would do it right this time. Pepper deserved it. Kat deserved better than him. She always did.

*****

'Hello beautiful.' Stephen said rolling her over in bed. she kept her eyes closed but she smiled up at him.

'Hello handsome.' She replied and he kissed her long and hard. 'lets not get out of bed today.' Kat suggested. So they didn't. Not until their stomachs started grumbling. It had been the perfect morning. The perfect start to what kat hoped was a wonderful future, she could see her like with Stephen. She could see waking up next to him and only him for the rest of her life. Kissing him, loving him, learning from each other... she could see it. It looked beautiful, now reality had to catch up with her fantasy.

'Hey what do you think about getting a cat?' kat perked up as she dressed. 'I know you were sad when your cats passed and-'

'isnt Wong allergic?' kat questioned.

'yeah but I mean...they make allergy meds he could take. I could even pay for them for him.' Stephen told her wrapping his arms around her.

'You know getting a pet together is a big deal. ' kat told him.

'Well you live here, I love you and I want you to be happy.' Stephen told her.

'I'm already happy. You make me happy.' She told him.