Gather the Avengers

'Im sorry i offended you with what was so clearly sarcasm!' Kat told him loudly marching off.

'Agent Stark!' Secretary Thaddeus Ross called after her.

'Deal with the other Agent STARK!' she called over her shoulder. 'Everett... hi honey. Cant stay and chit chat I gotta run.' Kat said winking and activating her suit and flying out the window.

'Um, Mr. Stark.' Both Ross's turned to tony who watched Kat fly away. 'We need to discuss some things with you... after skovia... we need to make some changes.'

'Changes?' Tony questioned not really listening.

'Gather the avengers.'

*********

'Kat, can we talk?' tony flew off after his brief and cryptic conversation with Everett and Secretary ross.

'No tony, I'm done talking to you. I want to go back to Stephen and forget I ever loved you.' She told him bluntly.

"Kat just five minutes.' He pleaded and she stopped walked and turned back to him. Throwing down her empty coffee cup into the garbage.

'And I knew how you took your coffee, and your favorite songs by heart, stupid, emotional, obsessive little me. I knew from the start this is exactly how I'd leave' kat told him. 'You found someone more exciting, and the next second, you were gone... And you left me there crying, wondering what I did wrong.' Kat yelled. She was sick of Tony coming into her life as though he wasn't the problem. She was happy with Stephen she wasn't taking him back. But he needed to hear how he messed her up. 'And you always say I'm never satisfied, but I don't think that's true. 'Cause all I ever wanted was to be enough for you Tony.' She admitted. 'And all I ever wanted was to be enough for you... And maybe I'm just not as interesting as the other girls you had while married to me. And God, you couldn't have cared less about someone who loved you more...'

'kat,' tony began.

'just let me finish.' She begged. 'I'd say you broke my heart, But you broke much more than that... Now I don't want your sympathy, I just want myself back. I'm finding myself again Tony,' kat told him.

'with the wizard?' he questioned bitterly.

'With Stephen.' She informed him.

'I love you.' Tony told her. 'I love you.'

'Those words mean nothing coming from your mouth Anthony. You found someone more exciting and the next second, you were gone but you kept me hanging on as if I had a chance of getting you back. Getting back the man I once loved, but you were too far gone, and you left me there crying, wondering what I did wrong! I thought I was the problem. That I wasn't enough for you!' she yelled at him. 'And you always say I'm never satisfied, but I don't think that's true... 'Cause all I ever wanted was to be enough for you. My whole life tony. I just wanted to be enough for you but I lost myself trying to please you.' She wiped at her eyes. She told herself she wasn't going to cry but here she was baring her heart for the man she once loved and now hated.

'Kat I'm sorry, please lets just try and-'

'Don't you think I loved you too much to be used and discarded?'

'Kat please-'

'Don't you think I loved you too much to think I deserve nothing?'

'Kat I'm so sorry-'

'Don't tell me you're sorry, you can feel sorry for yourself but not me. 'Cause someday I'll be everything to somebody else,' kat told him.

'to Stephen?'

'Yeah, to Stephen. And he thinks that I am so exciting, and wonderful and brilliant.' Kat informed him. 'And you'll be the one who's crying because I'm so fucking gone tony.'

'you were enough.' Tony said but as the words came out she slapped him.

'If that was true you wouldn't have fucked with everyone else on the face of the fucking earth! But you were never satisfied... all I ever wanted was to be enough for you tony but I don't want that anymore. I don't want you anymore. I need you to stop. I need you to move on because I cant be happy with Stephen if you keep barging in and knocking over my sandcastles.'