Hate you with a smile

'Happy birthday'. Stephen said on the phone the next morning. Kat was in bed after having dealt with the disaster that started off with Valentine's Day, it ended perfectly but it was a rocky night. She was so grateful for Stephen and now he was being even more perfect calling her first thing on her birthday. Kat was hoping her birthday would coast under the radar but Stephen somehow knew her birthday- she was a stark nothing in her life was really ever private- but he called her first thing. Tony would sometimes forget her birthday and he knew her all his life.

Thank you Stephen kat said smiling into the phone.

'I was thinking if you dont have any plans... you probably have plans though...' stephen rambled

'My plans were to watch the third installment of the batman movies with Christian bale and Tom Hardy. While eating peanut butter mnms and popcorn.' Kat informed him.

'That sounds like some real birthday fun.'

'Oh it will be but i can be persuaded into other plans if given a better alternative to Tom Hardy. Fyi. I love Tom Hardy. Hes wonderful.' Kat informed him.

(You like Tom Hardy too i have an alfie solomons story up now)

'I dont know if i can beat tom hardy but how about a luau in Hawaii?' Stephen questioned.

'That sounds lovely. You're being serious?' kat said laughing into the phone.

'My dear, I make portals anywhere in the world and I already booked us two tickets to a luau with hula girls and fire dancers and I already checked they do have a vegetarian option for you. Then afterwards we could get some Haupia.' Stephen informed her.

'Whats haupia?'

'Its a coconut pudding.'

'I love coconut!' kat told him

'So you will go? Does Hawaii beats tom hardy?'

'No. But you beat tom hardy any day.'

Kat wore a black dress with pink flowers it fanned out at her hips and almost touched her knees. It had jo sleeved and a high neckline. She always felt like when she was with tony that she needed to put on a show. Be sexier and prettier to compete with everyone else that demanded his attention but she didnt really like those outfits. She liked the more conservative and comfortable but she still thought she looked cute.

'Beautiful,' stephen said when she opened the door and that booster her confidence even more.

'No cape today?' She teased as he opened a portal

'Its a cloak,' he corrected 'and no. Hes staying at the sanctum'

'Its so cute you call it, a he.' Kat laughed as they approached they could hear the music playing and they were laid the moment they crossed into the large tent. Kat received a pink lay and stephen an orange.

Kat had been to many places. Many places all around the world and even special trips for her birthday but this was different. Tony would take her out to the fanciest restaurant in town and then out dancing. It was the same thing in every town she did enjoy it but he didnt use his brain at all. Rinse and repeat. Restaurant. Dancing. Jewelry that kat wouldnt ever wear because it was too extravagant and then sex. Rinse and repeat.

Not only had they only been dating a few months but Stephen took the time to plan this. To put her first. To take her somewhere magical and no ogle the dancers. Though kat had to admit those women could move their hips. But stephens eyes kept drifting to her. The fire dancers were next and you could feel the heat! Stephen kept a hand on her knee the whole show smiling down at her making sure she was having a good time. She left her phone back in new york so she didnt get the 57 calls and texts from tony. She didnt hear him knocking at her door begging her to open up. She didnt think of him at all actually.

They walked for a while after the show until they found what they were looking for.

'So this is Haupia?' They each got a square of the coconut pudding and moved down to the ocean kicking off their shoes and sitting down. That first bite moment made kats eyes roll back in her head. She loved coconut. 'Thats good. Thats really good.' Kat declared as they sat. Their feet hanging off the stone wall their feet getting sprinkled with salt water the oceans current splashing up with each wave.

'Did you have a good time?' Stephen questioned

'The best time,' she assured him kissing him.

'Good. Im glad. I got one more thing to finish off the night,' stephen told her reaching into his pocket

'You didnt have to get me anything. You already did all this! I think this has already been the best birthday ever!' she told him honestly.

'Days not over yet.' The day was over in new york. Being six hours later than hawaii. But here in hawaii it was like her birthday went on forever.

It was a ring box. She looked up to him confused. But he just smiled at her. She took a deep breath and slowly opened the box. She smiled when she saw it.

'A sling ring?'

'Your sling ring. Your very own.' Stephen told her

'Thank you.' She told him slipping it on.

'It should fit better than the other one you were using i got your measurements and forged it myself,' stephen told her

'You got my finger measurements?' Kat questioned

'Never know when i might need it,' he teased.

'Thank you stephen. That really sweet of you. Now i can Not make sparks everywhere i go,' she joked. 'No really thank you.' He kissed her again.

'Are you tired?' He questioned into her lips

'Not even a little.' She whispered against him. He portaled them back spending the rest of the night wrapped up in each others arms.

'Where were you?' Tony asked incredulously.

'Excuse me?' Kat snapped looking up from her desk a few days after her birthday.

'Your birthday-'

'Since when do you remember that?' Kat sneered

'Come on kat lets be grown ups about this.' Tony told her.

'I am a grown up tony and i can say I hate you with a smile on my face... Look what we became." She walked away no longer able to focus on work.