I thought we were retired

"This is some outfit.' Kat said as she sewed a tear in the sleeve for Clint. 'not your usual tights...'

'Shut up.'

'I like it, its cute... what are you doing with it?' kat questioned.

'I'm taking care of business.' Clint told her vaguely.

'Need help?' kat questioned.

'You don't want to know what I'm doing before you offer to join my path of self destruction?' Clint questioned.

'When do we start?' clint lifted up his shirt, 'you should have started with you need your skin sewed back together before you gave me your suit.' Kat told him forcing him to sit.

'I didn't want to drag you into my mess Kat.' Clint told her as she cleaned his wound.

'Your my family Clint. You don't have to drag me, I will walk willing into the fire with you.' She told him.

'you just seemed to be doing good lately.' Clint admitted.

'Its been four years, Clint.'

'Four years.' He nodded.

'Its never going to get any easier, but I'm trying.' Kat informed him. 'I hate this. I hate living life without him. I hate that I get to live, ive done so much shit, all of us have, why them and not us?' kat questioned.

'I ask myself that everyday.' Clint told her.

'Hey why don't you come with me to Morgans dance recital next week?' kat offered. 'you know she loves my stories about arrow guy.'

'Arrow guy?' clint questioned. 'that is my nickname?'

'She named you not me.' kat told him.

'that's great,' clint chuckled. 'I would but I'm heading back out in a few days.'

'Where too?' Clint remained silent. 'right, right don't tell me just come home broken and bleeding and expect me to pick up the pieces.' Kat teased.

'I love you kat.' Clint told her as she finished wrapping his wound. 'Youre the only family I got left.'

'Nat-'

'Shes off being director.' Clint reminded her.

'why you are back to being a vigilante. I thought we were retired hon?' kat questioned.

'Retired life is for people to garden and get good at golf.' Clint reminded her.

'But mr perfect shot...' kat prompted.

'Played 18, shot 18.' He said with a grin.

'I gotta take down the bad guys, kat. They shouldn't get to live when so many other good people don't.'