Green light

Tony knew that even though kat put on a smile for morgan, she was severely depressed. So Tony made it his mission as her friend to help her live again.

'Tony I don't want to be here.' Kat whined

'you don't even know where here is.' Tony told her.

'well I would rather be in bed drinking wine and eating chocolate.' Kat informed him.

'Let me guess watching the Notebook?' Tony teased.

'Please,' she scoffed. 'I'm rewatching game of thrones-'

'for the billionth time-' tony added.

'and I'm on the last season again! I hate when it ends.' Kat told him.

'come on, this is going to make you happy.' Tony told her pulling up to the race track.

"Tony? What are we doing here?' kat questioned as he pulled her from the car.

'isnt that obvious? Come on kat you used to be smarter than this.' He joked leading her to the track. Her old race car sat on the track, hers a deep purple while tonys was a fire engine red. He handed her, her helmet and old race jumpsuit. 'Come on Kat, its time to live again.'

She sat behind the wheel, her fingers drumming against the wheel as tony slide into his car beside her.

'YOU READY!" he called over and she took a deep breath. She gave him the thumbs up and he activated the lights. Red flashed before them and kat tightened her grip on the wheel. Yellow. Tonys car revved up, he smiled over at her. Green. They took off, racing around the bends. Her tires devoured the race track. the chill biting at the exposed skin of her cheeks and neck. The feeling of racing into the wind, of changing her course with a shift of her weight, must be the nearest thing in the world to flying and Kat used to fly in her suit every day. She hadn't done that in months either. God, she really did need this.