Warm me up

"I'm still not getting the hang of this.' Kat told him. She was great at many things but apparently mystic arts was not one of them. 'I sorry I wasted your time Stephen.'

'nonsense, time spent with you is never wasted.' He told her holding her hands up again but she flopped them to her side.

'I think a break to clear my head would be better.' She informed him wrapping her arms around him.

'I completely agree.'

Laying in bed, limbs tangled together Stephen remembered back to his first few months trying to learn the mystic arts. He was struggling with his hands, they were constantly shaking, in pain and he couldn't get anything to work. While kats hands were fine and she had read a good majority of the books he had told her to regarding the practice she still wasn't connecting.

'get dressed I have an idea.' He told her whipping on his clothes. She lay there a moment longer watching him leave. 'come on,' he kissed her again pulling the covers away. 'meet me out in the court yard!' he told her running off.

'okay... what was so important that we had to get out bed?'

'I'm going to tell you how the ancient once taught me.' Stephen opened a portal to mount Everest.

'my hands' Stephen had told the ancient one.

'it is not about your hands.' she told him.

'how is it not about my hands?' then master Hamir came up and showed that he had no hand and made her perfect spell.

'thank you master Hamir,' the ancient one had said 'you cannot beat a river into submission. You have to use its current and use its power as your own.'

'I control it by surrendering control. That doesn't make sense.' Stephen had told her.

'not everything does. Not everything has to.' she informed him. 'your intellect had taken you far in life but it will take you no further. Surrender Stephen. Silence your ego and your power will rise. Come with me.' she made a portal to mount Everest.

'wait is this-'

'Everest. Beautiful.' She said the wind and snow whipping around them.

'Freezing but beautiful,' he agreeed wrapping his arms around himself.

'at this temperature a person can last 30 minutes before suffering permanent loss of function.' She told him.

'but you will likely go into shock within the first two.' She told him walking back through the portal

'wait... what?' kat said her mouth agape.

'surrender Stephen she had told me. leaving me in the freezing cold in nothing more than what we are wearing now.'

'that bitch.' Kat looked to the portal. 'youre not gonna send me to Everest and leave me there right?' she questioned. 'because there are easier ways to break up with a person.' She informed him.

'come on.' He held out a hand. 'I'm not going to leave you here.' He promised. She took his hand stepping through the portal.

'fuck its cold.' She said and he wrapped his arms around her.

'how long were you here for?'

'I think the full 30 minutes... I was an icicle falling in front of them when I finally managed to get it open.'

'so I have to surrender? Lose my ego?' kat teased as they stepped back into the warmth of the sanctum.

'try and clear your mind. I think its racing with thoughts, feelings, all the possibilities. You just need to clear your mind.' Stephen told her.

'should I meditate too? I'm already a vegan, I'm half way there to hippie right?' she teased. 'and with the robes you guys wear-'

'I can think of a few ways to clear your mind.'

'good cause I'm still cold, warm me up.'