Couldnt stop him

'I couldn't stop him' Tony said as he was helped from the ship.

'Neither could we' Steve told him

'I lost the kid' Tony told him

'Tony we lost.'

'Kat she's not doing good you need to help her you need to help her right now.' Tony told them as Pepper ran up and hugged him.

Kat woke in the med bay. She was alive. She was on the ground. She was... alone. Stephen was gone. Tony rolled into her room and she started crying.

'Hey Katlin.'

'Hi,' she murmurer. He reached out a hand for her and she grabbed his hand. 'Tony...'

'its okay Kat, its gonna be okay.' He told her.

'No its not Tony.' She informed him. 'I was pregnant wasn't i?' she asked and he nodded solemnly.

'I'm so sorry kat.'

'That was the last piece of him. Now hes gone and I have nothing.'

'Kat that's not true you have me, you have all of us.' Tony told her.

'We lost peter too.' Kat reminded him.

'Hey,' Clint and Nat came running in hugging her tight.

'Hi,' she whimpered.

'Oh honey,' Clint wiped at her eyes. 'I'm so sorry,'

'Who did we lose?' Kat asked.

'Wanda. Vision, he got killed when Thanos took the stone from his head...' Nat told her.

'King T'Challa, Sam Wilson,' the list went on and on.

'Is Steve okay?' Kat asked and they nodded. 'Thor?'

'Come on, everyone will be happy to see you.'

Pictures flashed of their dusted friends and Kat wanted to cry all over again. Stephens face popped up and she felt her heart drop. This was real. This really happened. He was gone.

'It's been 23 days since Thanos came to earth'

'World governments are in pieces the parts that are still working we are trying to take a census and it looks like he did it he did exactly what he said he was going to do... he wiped out 50% of all living creatures.' Natasha told them

'Where is he now?' Tony asked

'We don't know.' Steve told him 'he just opened a portal and walk through.'

'What's wrong with him?' Tony asked pointing to Thor

'Well he's pissed' rocket said 'he thinks he failed Which of course he did but there's a lot of that going around'

'Until this exact second I thought you were build a bear' Tony said

'I thought you were a stuffed animal too, you're real? you talk? raccoons talk?' kat questioned watching what she thought wasn't real walk towards her.

'Whats a raccoon?' he asked.

'I think I'm hallucinating, Tony are we hallucinating?' Kat asked.

'Did he just say whats a raccoon?' Tony questioned.

'Maybe I am build a bear maybe I am hallucination.' Rocket declared.

'We've been hunting Thanos for three weeks now doing deep scans and satellites and we got nothing.' Steve told them 'Tony you and Kat fought him'

'No we didn't fight him. Who told you that? He wiped our faces with a planet while a magician gave him a stone which he used to destroy everything!' Tony shouted standing up but at the mention of Stephen kat didn't have the energy to tell him to sit his ass down.

'Did he give you any clues any coordinates any anything?' Steve asked

'Pft, I saw this coming a few years back.' Tony told them. 'I didn't wanna believe it, I thought I was dreaming'

'I remember that.' kat said softly. 'we used to talk for hours about a hypothetical situation...' a suit of armor around the world.

'Tony I need you to focus' Steve said

'And I needed you, as in past tense that trumps what you need. You know what I need I need to shave and I believe-' Tony said pulling IV from his arm.

'Tony sit back down you're not strong enough for this. We both look like death. Please tony.' Kat told him trying to make them see reason

'Remember KitKat, we needed was a suit of armor around the world remember that whether it impacted our precious freedoms or not that is what we needed.' Tony reminded them

'That didn't work out too well did it' steve reminded him.

'I said we would lose, you said we would do that together.' Tony snapped.

'We weren't together this time.' kat remind him 'and we lost.'

'But that's what we do right? Our best work after the fact... we are the avengers not the pre-vengers!' Tony shouted face to face with steve.

'Tony you made your point' Rhodey said 'let's sit down'

'No here's the thing, we don't need them we need you. Youre new blood,' he told carol 'I got nothing for you Cap I got no coordinates, no clues, no strategies, no options. Zero zip nada no... trust. Liar.' He hissed. 'Here take this you find him you go hide.' Tony ripped his arc reactor heart protector off his chest and fell to the ground. 'I'm fine,' he said before collapsing completely

'Tony and I need a nap and some burgers, and fries and milkshakes.' Kat told them as they got tony back in bed.

'Beyond burger?' Clint questioned

'Vanilla milkshake?' nat questioned.

'Extra large fries please.' Kat added. 'best get tony a real burger though, he might die eating fake meat and I think I prefer him alive.' Kat wheeled herself into tonys room after he had been rehooked up to his fuilds. 'Tony,' kat whispered things 'you can say in the hospital and also in the bedroom' she winked at him. 'Can you open your mouth and say ahh!'

'Okay kat your about to feel a little prick.'

'Bahhaha, its so funny you said that cuase its true!'

'Shut the fuck up!' he laughed and Kat laughed and nat and clint came running to check on them sure they were killing each other. 'Just to let you know this is going to be invasive.' Tony told her.

'Pft ok ok. Is this a free service or will there be an out of pocket expense?' kat questioned.

'You guys okay in here?' Nat questioned. The were dying. Dying of laughter.

'What are you doing? ' clint questioned.

'Playing a game.' Kat told them

'Not killing each other?'

'What game?' clint asked

'Things you can say in a hospital-'

'And also in the bedroom.' tony finished

'What?' Thor questioned coming in.

'You used to play this all the time,' nat remarked.

'While we thought we were dying we brought it back.'

'What is game?' Thor asked

'Some people prefer to take pain medication before the procedure. Would you like that?' Tony questioned.

'I dont understand-' thor told them.

'Dont worry we can put a bit lube on that,' kat said and clint choked coughing and laughing. 'Its okay clint im just gonna check your prostate.'

'Kat!' Clint said laughing

'I still don't understand' thor told them

'Okay im ready... wow i didnt even feel it,' kat said closing her eyes. For a moment she forgot that the world was falling apart.

'Yeah shes gonna have to learn to walk again.' tony said as kat tipped her head into his hospital bed. but once the laughter died away tears covered her eyes and clit and nat hugged her tight. They were alive, that was something to be grateful for but survivors guilt was about to start eating her alive.