Yes

Stephen showed kat how to open a mirror prism next. She got it open but once the stepped inside the mirror world shattered, cracks spider-webbing from side to side.

'maybe baby steps. It did take me forever to get anywhere besides Everest.' She reminded him.

'come on, I wanted to take you out tonight.' Stephen told her leading her back inside the sanctum. Heels, hair and makeup done kat walked down the sanctum steps too see Stephen smiling up at her.

'Where are we going?' she asked taking his hand.

'Japan.' He said opening a portal and revealing a water garden of lotus flowers. Her jaw dropped as she stepped through. 'we are going on a boat ride, Kanrensetsu,' he informed her. 'is the lotus viewing season... they make special boats lower to the waters surface, best for viewing the lotus flower... as you can see they are plentiful here... we are getting on that one.' He had bought out a boat, hired a chef and made sure everything was perfect.

'You spoil me.' she told him.

'I have five years to make up for.' He reminded her.

'I think you will like the savannah peach. A peach vodka and a vanilla liqueur. Its sweet like you.' Stephen told her showing the drink menu.

'A Martini!' Kat said grinning

For dinner Stephen had the Salmon course while Kat had Shrimp and scallops with creamy potatoes and spinach. She was cheating. Vegan except when good sea food was offered. Stephen leaned over and scooped up a lotus for her from the water placing it on the table in front of them.

'I still have the first lotus you gave me. Its quite possibly my favorite thing in the world. After you of course.' Kat told him. It sat on her desk at the office in stark towers.

'Of course.' he repeated smiling down at her. She leaned into him as they sailed away. Slowly and peacefully through the lotus covered waters.

'Caramel Cheese cake or peanut butter layered cake?' Kat questioned.

'Ill get one and you get the other and we can split them,' stephen told her.

'Youre the best.' Kat said leaning over and kissing him. It had been a perfect night and their boating journey was coming to an end, after 3 hours of sailing and drinking and eating, Stephen knew he had to act fast.

'Im so full i dont in could eat another bite.' Kat declared and stephen leaned over kissing her tasting the caramel on her lips. 'I love you.'

'You deserve the world. I want to give the world.' Stephen told her. 'I love you.'

'You are my world stephen.'

'I knew you were special from the moment I first met you. When you were threatening to have killed by an army of ironman robots...' Stephen told her.

'We had a bit of a bumpy start didn't we?' she teased

'When I first saw you, I felt like I knew you, and I couldn't stop seeing my life with you, and building a family together. One that isn't stuck in the pain of the past. It's very pretty, its beautiful, this life I see for us.'– The Light Between Oceans

'Oh Stephen.'

"You have something of mine." He went on kneeling down before her. "You had it in the first look and never really left the possession of it...my heart. If you're planning on keeping it forever, we might as well seal the deal." She started nodding so excited. So happy. Her heart felt like it was going to burst. 'Katlin Rose Stark... will you marry me?'

'Yes, yes a million times yes.' Kat told him.