First dates

First dates in forever. Kat had dated tony and tony alone for her whole life. She dated him, married him, and loved him but he didn't love her as much as she loved him.

So going on a first date with Stephen was strange. It felt foreign and she felt like she was going to say all the wrong things.

He ordered a glass of red while kat ordered a white. No need to risk spilling red wine on her, she was nervous enough without having to worry about spilling.

'Do you have siblings?'

Stephen looked up over his drink. A sour look on his face

'Sorry you dont have to answer that.' kat said thinking that was a safe question, a normal question. Wow she really didn't know how to date.

'I did.' He told her after a long silent moment. Kat chewed on her lip and listened to the waiters and kitchen cooks clattering dishes around. Then her eyes snapped to him. He did... past tense. Shit.

'Oh im sorry. Gosh im really sorry-'

'Donna... she died.' Stephen told her taking a long sip of his wine. Kat was going to need a bottle at the rate she was going. 'it happened a long time ago.' He told her, but obviously it still stung. Of course it did. It was did sister. 'We were playing when we were children on a frozen lake. She fell in.' he told her softly.

'Im so sorry. Thats awful.'

'You sure do know how to bring down the mood.' stephen said with a laugh and she relaxed a bit.

'I sure do.' She admitted.

'vodka and cranberry please. Two cherries and a lime.'

'whiskey.' They were starting to loosen up, they were more comfortable and happily buzzed.

'vodka cranberry?' Stephen questioned.

'my friend Millie introduced it to me when we were younger... she knew all the best drinks.' Kat informed him.

'I used to only drink, drinks with cherrys, so kiddie cocktails, those pink things with soda pop and a row of cherries was my jam!' kat told him. 'tony never had-' bringing up exes, bad first date move but she sucked in a breath and kept going. 'whiskey, rum, tequila, all the things straight. So that's what I got used to but my friend Millie whenever we went out she made sure to order me drink that she assured me could have cherries in it.' Kat leaned in. 'you can put cherries in anything!' kat informed him. 'if you like cherries it doesn't matter what alcohol its drenched in.'