Madness

MoMadness

Stephen woke up after a strange dream that left him panting for breath. He looked down to see kat fast asleep. Her back to him curled up like a kitten. He wrapped himself around her trying to settle his racing mind. It wasnt just the dream though that kept his heart pounding. It was today. The day. That kept his mind racing and heart pounding.

'We dont have to go.' Kat told him fixing his tie.

'Yes i do' stephen said unconvincingly

'You look like youre going to vomit.' Kat informed him

'I dont even know why,' stephen told her sitting down.

'She was your first love. Youre still friends with her. Its hard.' Kat told him he put his head in his hands.

'You feel this way when tony got married?'

'Yes and no. I wasn't invited well i was but i didnt go. More... i figured that he would do what he did to me to pepper. I didnt want anyone else to go through the love and hate... the trials of loving tony stark.' Kat told him. 'I didn't want to see it, because I didn't want him to promise her forever just to break her heart. I thought if I was there and I witnessed it...' Stephen looked over to her she was rubbing his back. 'But he treated her right. I dont know if that hurt more or not. He chose to be the faithful husband. Gave up the things that tested his faith and gave her and morgan a wonderful life.'

'Im sorry he put you through all that.' Stephen told her.

'I forgave him a long time ago but sometimes it still stings. Pepper still sends me pictures of morgan. I visit her when i can. Since i learned to portal- thanks for that- i have been able to see her more since moving back here. Im her God mother and I love her so much. I cant hate tony for giving me this little gift. A little girl. Shes not mine but she is... so do you want to go? You think you can handle it?' kat questioned.

'I'm sorry our wedding keeps getting pushed.' Stephen told her.

'for a supposedly retire woman I'm still fighting a lot of creatures.' Kat said with a laugh, her lip caught in her teeth.

'I love you. I have loved you for a very long time. I dont love her anymore.' He assured her. 'I cant wait to marry you.'

'Lets go then.'