Your Baby

'Hello welcome.' Kat said forcing a smile. 'I'm Katlin nice to meet you all. Lets just get started.' She showed them around told them the expected growth and some updates vaguely on what was to come from stark towers

'Will you still be working here?' an investor asked

'No. Im leaving stark towers but you will still have Anthony dont worry. Hes smart in the lab. Just not in marriage' she added silently.

'But-'

'You would be majority owner unless anthony decides to buy me out. I gave him that option at a higher cost though. Since i know he can afford it,' kat informed them. 'And that the end of our tour. If you have any questioned feel free to ask Anthony hes over there-' she waved a hand at an incoming tony. 'I have other business to attend to'. Kat activated her suit as tony came in running towards her. 'You all have your files it has everything you need to know. My assistants number is in there-' kat said as she stepped towards the open doorway to the balcony. 'Call if you want to make an offer. Starting bid is in the file.'

'Kat-' tony called as she ran off, taking flight.

'Mr stark-'

'Mr stark whats it the-'

'Mr stark did you know-'

'Mr stark can you explain-'

But tony wasn't listening he took off after her

'Kat... Jarvis hack into kats coms.' Tony told him flying after her.

'Yes sir... miss stark...'

'Jarvis im not talking to him.' Kat snapped.

'Hes requesting access to your coms' Jarvis told her.

'Of course he is.'

'Ma'am'

'No jarvis'

'Ma'am'

'access denied! Got it Jarvis?'

'Of course ma'am... she has denied access sir'. Jarvis told him

'I didnt say ask permission i said hack in. Jarvis let me talk to her. Now!' tony demanded trying to catch up.

'Coms engaged.' jarvis told him

'Kat stop.'

'Leave me alone Anthony!' kat shouted flying father, boosting her thrusters.

'Max thrusters!' tony demanded catching up to her. He grabbed her leg but she kicked back at his head.

'Kat lets talk about this-' She spun around in the air and shot at him. 'Kat lets have an adult conversation.' Tony begged.

'Like you know what that is!' kat spat.

'Stop fighting me. We shouldnt fight. We are family!' tony pleaded.

'Fuck family, tony. Im trying to sever all ties, dont make me sever your head from your shoulder to get away from you.' She threatened. He put up his face shield.

'Kat come on listen to me just listen-'

'You never listen to me so why should i listen to you?' Kat countered

'Baby-'

'Dont baby me!' She yelled blasting him again but he dodged it

'Would you quit doing that!' She flipped her face shield up as well.

'Tony please just let go. Im begging you. Let me go before we do something one of us is going to regret!' she cried out.

'I already have.' Tony admitted.

'Tony-'

'No kat, I regret how i treated you. I love you and i put you through hell and you never got a thank you. It was all about me and iron man. I didnt put you first. I should have put you before anything else.' He admitted. too little too late.

'Yes.' She agreed 'you should have.'

'Be mad at me but dont give up your baby'

'Stark towers is not-'

'You remember when we lit it up? Stark tower glowing blue as the first sustainable energy that was a good day... That was fun. We had fun. Working together. Dont stop. Dont give up your shares. Please. We work great together we accomplished so much-' tony reminded her.

'Professionally' kat added.

'Professionally' tony agreed quietly.

'You know i always wanted a family but your babies were your suits. Your priority was your inventions. Never me. Im glad i never had a baby with you tony. Im glad the only 'baby' we have a building. A building i can sell for a lot of money and rid myself of one more piece of me thats you.' Her mask closed over her face as she flew off. Flew home. Top level penthouse suit.

I guess ill just stumble on home alone, to my cats. Kat thought as she moved farther away from tony. The suit molded back into bracelets the moment she hit the floor. Her window closing shut behind her. She plopped to the couch but not before pouring a tall glass of milk and grabbing the oreos from the pantry. She wanted to see Stephen but she didn't want him to see her like this. All worked up and pissy. This is what tony did to her.

She drowned an oreo letting it float and sink, bobbing in the milk. Her cats were getting old. They were her babies and they weren't going to live forever. Stark tower was her baby. She didn't push it out of her body but she created it. Piece by piece. And then again after the loki incident, she rebuilt it with tony. It was some of the best moments, he was focused on her and there building. She texted tony.

I wont sell. But I need space from you. She told him turning her phone off for the night. She didn't want to see his reply or hear if he called.