Valentine's day

Valentines day.

Tony showed up at the same time as Stephen. A bouquet of roses in his hands he smirked seeing stephens hands behind his back holding something small. Tiny compared to his grand gesture. Kat opened the door smiling until she saw tony. Her smile dropped of her face.

'stephen,' she said sweetly,

'happy valentines days,' he said kissing her cheek. 'you look beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.' Kat blushed.

'thank you, come in, you look very handsome. ... tony.' Her tone soured. 'What are you doing here?'

'its valentines day!' tony said as if that wasn't obvious. She stood blinking at him as she finished braiding her hair. 'we always celebrate valentines day together!' tony exclaimed, Stephen walked past him and into the apartment.

'we were married, now we are not.' Kat said closing the door on him but he pushed past her and into her home. 'TONY!' she yelled.

'come on I got us a reservation at your favorite place, La Rue and here.' He handed over the roses a big smile on his face. Kat took the roses. Looked deep into their center before looking up at tony, his smug face... she took the roses and started beating them against tonys head. He jumped back. 'kat, kat, kat!' he yelled trying to get away from her.

'TONY!' she screamed, her hands were full of dead stems now. "GET OUT!' she yelled.

'no! Come on kat I got us reservations at your favorite place, we can talk this out!' tony declared.

"LA RUE IS YOUR FAVROTEI!' she yelled dropping the stems at his feet.

'What No! Come on you love that place.' Tony insisted.

'no tony you love that place. A waitress always spills something on me while flirting with you. Every time! Every fucking time!'

'what? way didn't you say anything?"

'I have, you never listen tony!'

'okay we can go somewhere else! Its fine.' Tony told her.

'TONY' kat said desperately. 'I'm not going out with you. I'm going out with Stephen. If hes not scared off by me that is...' she looked over to him and he offered her a small smile.

'kat, come on its tradition!' tony insisted. Tears of anger fell from her face, why coudnt he listen? Still after all this...

'tradition... tradition... oh my God Tony!' she was going to murder him right here and right now on valentines day. 'get out. Get the fuck out!' she demanded.

'kat...' tony stepped forward trying to hold her in his arms like he used to but she shoved him away.

'out tony, out!' he started towards the door but couldn't leave her like this. She needed him she just didn't know it. 'I'm so sorry...' she told Stephen. 'I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to run away. God I would run if I were you.' She muttered.

'hey,' he brought a hand to her face and tilted her chin up to look at him. 'I'm not going anywhere. I'm right here.' He kissed her softly and her eyes fluttered closed.

'okay,' she took a step back and wiped her eyes...

'I got you something but I'm a little concerned you might throw it at my head after seeing how you reacted to starks flowers.' Stephan half joked.

'I would never do that to you.' Kat insisted.

'here, happy valentines day.' He pulled out a little box, she opened it and her eyes went wide.

'a lotus?' she smiled down at the flower. 'i... oh my... ive never seen one in real life before!' she said gently touching the flower.

'I saw your ring and necklace with the lotus flower on it... I thought it might be... nice to have a real one.'

'oh Stephen its beautiful! Where did you even find a lotus flower?'

'in the apache mountains... yeah.' Her eyes went wider.

'you went to the apache mountains just to get me a flower?'

'Yes, sorcerer remember darling? I also put a spell on it so it will stay perfect forever. I remember you saying your lack of green thumb and how you hate flowers because they die so... this one wont die for as long as I love you.' She was going to cry again.

'seriously?' she whimpered out.

'No but that would be really amazing right?' she slapped his arm. 'but it will stay alive forever, that spell I do know how to do.' He informed her.

'you are perfect, you know that?' tony stood at the door, he wanted to scream and yell and break the fucking lotus flower. Smash it to the floor and zap it into hell. But he stood frozen, the door in his hand, slowly splintering his skin.

'well for you... I try.' Stephen said kissing her again.

'God I am a mess... just give me a minute to clean up and we can go.' She said moving to the bathroom but Stephen grabbed her hand stopping her, she looked back at him confused.

'if you want to stay in, I mean I know dealing with tony can make you a little bit-'

'crazy?' kat offered.

'I was going to say frustrated but yeah a little bit crazy but I like you just a little bit crazy.' He informed her. tony rolled his eyes and groaned internally.

'I want to go out, I got all dressed up, just for you and I'm not letting tony ruin our night!' kat said pulling away from him, 'just give me a few minutes to fix my face!' she called over her shoulder. Tony left then, but he caught stephens eye, watching him leave. Stephen started to clean up the dead roses scattered along the floor while kat got re-ready.

'wow,' he said when she came out. 'still absolutely beautiful.'

'where are we going smooth talker?'

'there is this little Italian place that just opened up, I thought we could try it out. They have vegan-'

'meatballs!' kat finished. 'I was looking that place up last week! They have all the fake meat, ive been wanting to try it!' she said happily grabbing her purse. Stephen had seen her web searching the restaurant. He was observant like that. considerate, for what kat wanted.

'really?' he faked ignorance. 'that's great to hear. Shall we?'

'Yes,' as they were walking to stephens car kat stopped him as he opened her door. 'thank you for being so wonderful. I'm really really grateful for you Stephen.' She needed to cut tony out of her life if her and Stephen ever stood a chance.

'its you that is wonderful.' He kissed her again. She looked at him like he was the best thing in the world. He missed being some ones everything and having someone that meant everything to him. It was a nice feeling.