I went for the head

Carole came blasting into the hut wrapping her hands around Thanos's neck while everyone pulled at his arms keeping him from using his gauntlet then Kat came flying down, chopped off his arm the gauntlet fell to the ground.

'Oh no' rocket said flipping over the gauntlet, the stones weren't there.

'Where are they?' Steve questioned

'Answer the question!' Carole demanded, arms still around his neck.

'The universe required correction after that the stone serves no purpose,' Thanos told them 'beyond temptation.'

'You murdered trillions!' Bruce yelled throwing him across the hut.

'You should be grateful' Thanos told them as Bruce pushed him to the ground

'Where are the stones?' Natasha asked

'Gone reduced to atoms' thanos informed them.

'You used them two days ago!' Bruce yelled

'I use the stones to destroy the stones.' Thanos told them 'it nearly killed me but the work is done. It always will be. I am inevitable.' he told them.

'We have to tear this place apart he hast to be lying.' rhodey told them.

'My father is many things but a liar is not one of them.' nebula told them

'Thank you daughter,' Thanos said, 'perhaps I treated you too harshly-' but Thor came in with his axe slicing his head off.

'What did you do?' rocket asked

'I went for the head.' Thor told them walking out.

This was their chance. She was never getting Stephen back now. She collapsed to her knees, tears streaming down her face. All hope gone. Tony jumped out of his jumbo suit and cradled her in his arms.

'I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.' He told her guiding her back to the jet.