Avengers Barbecue

Avengers barbecue.... what could possibly go wrong? Everything. The answer is everything.

"This is going to be a shit show and you know it Stephen.' Kat informed him, putting on her shoes.

'We don't have to go.' He reminded her.

'But we do have to go, see the world is screwed up right now, the avengers are torn apart and Tony thinks this would be a good idea...'

'Since when have any of Tony's ideas good ideas?' Stephen countered

'Good point. But I already invited Peter so I can't really back out now.' Kats stomach was in knots.

'You and Peter became close stick with him and stick with me I can run interference with Tony for the majority of the barbecue, what do you say yes or no?'

'If we don't go I will eat this whole pan of brownies by myself and that will not be good so I guess we're going...' she let out a huff. 'I'll text Peter and see if he needs a lift.' but there was a knock at the sanctum door and Peter was there smiling happily with a bag of potato chips.

'I know you told me not to bring anything but I felt really bad not bring anything but I'm also broke. So chips,' he handed them out to her. 'so where are we going where is it at?'

'It's at the mansion it's got a nice big pool, nice yard, patio, grill it's gonna be a grand time.' Kat said blandly

'You don't look too happy, if you're not feeling good... do you not wanna go or-' Peter suggested. 'Do you need me to take care of you? I can get chicken soup chicken soup is good or wait you're a vegetarian, I can get no chicken, chicken soup they make that now. Did you know that? you probably know you're a genius.' Peter rambled on and Kat felt better already.

'Thank you. You're a sweetie I'm fine we're gonna have a great time.' Kat lied. She knew anything in close proximity to Tony was sure to make her lose her mind. Although they had been doing better since the Not-Civil war Kat still wanted to rip his head off when he spoke.

It was supposed to be a small avengers get together with Rhodey and happy with pepper... Natasha was on the run because she shot at king t'challa. Vision was gone with wanda somewhere and her and peter and stephen. But this place was filled with people. Food lined the tables peters eyes went wide devouring it as he piled his plate.

'I thought you said this was a avengers we survived a Civil War party... are these all agents?' Stephen questioned

'No there are three people that Tony said would be here. The two people I invited and Tony and I. I thought it was going to be small, this is a train wreck already I'm going home I can't handle it I just gotta let Peter know.' Kat said taking a step back and right into what appeared to be a victoria's secret model, bathing suit the size of a penny included.

'Hello Katnip ready for the best Memorial Day party ever?' Tony question wrapping around her.

"You said this was going to be a small party. I thought you and me were getting along I thought we were being honest with each other. This place is filled with people filled with women in bikinis, I don't want to see this. I'm not staying for this. I hate big parties and you know that.' she spat.

'come on its just a few extra people.' Tony said smiling around at the practically naked woman sauntering around what used to be her home. But that wasn't anything new. Tony threw parties like this all the damn time. She hated them. She hated all these strangers in her space. She hated them touching her things, breaking her things. tony knew but he didn't care. He didn't care about anyone but himself. 'I was promised corn on the cob and apple pie!' kat declared.

'I got you corn on the cob and apple pie' he assured her pointing to the counter, a boxed apple pie sat there.

'Peter Pan let's go!' kat declared.

'Is that because I'm a kid?' He asked

'Yes that's because you are a kid now come on we're leaving!' kat told him.

'But we just got here.' Peter said looking to Tony ' Mr Stark, hi, thank you for... umm...' he finally saw all the women. He was too focused on the food.

'See peter wants to stay.' Tony told her.

'are they cold? Do they need a towel?' Peter questioned.

'Oh peter, you sweet boy.' Kat said shaking her head. 'I remember there's a better party a party with people I actually like we're gonna go there now.' Kat informed him.

'OK can I keep the food?' he asked looking down to his plate.

'Of course you can honey pile as much as you want I'll get you a container.' Kat told him going to the kitchen. Nothing had been moved since tony made eggs and that was it. So pots and pans and even a mug of hers that she had forgotten lay just where she left them. She grabbed the containers for Peter and her mug.

'Kat stay!' Tony demanded

'If you wanted me to stay you wouldn't have invited every single supermodel on the face of the earth! I was already dreading coming today but now seeing this mess... Anthony...' she handed Peter the containers, 'fill it up Pete then we're going.'

'I love you' tony told her.

'Fuck off' she spat.

'So where are we going?' Peter asked

'To my good friend Clint Barton's house.' Kat opened a portal to the farm stepping out being greeted by hugs immediately.

'Auntie Kat!'

'Hey kiddos!' She hugged them all. 'Sorry for popping in'

'Hey sweetie. I told you to pop to worries.' Clint hugged her tight.

'I miss you' kat said into his ear, not wanting to let go.

'I miss you too, you brought friends? I didnt know you had friends besides me and nat.' He teased

'You are hilarious. Clint this is dr. stephen strange, my wonderful boyfriend so keep the embarrassing stories to a negative zero please.' Kat informed him.

'Right right,' he nudged her

'And this is my friend peter. Peter is... interning at stark towers hes a great kid. Really smart.' Kat told him.

'Nice to meet you both. All right now just in case if you decided to show up I made sure that I had plenty of corn on the cob and-' he looked over to Laura, she nodded. 'The apple pie is coming out of the oven shortly and I got vanilla bean ice cream dairy free just for you so you are going to have to take it with you when you leave. Because I'm not eating coconut milk ice cream.' He informed her.

'of I could keep it here and just visit more?' kat suggested.

'you are always welcome here.'

'You are the best most wonderful man in the world.' Kat told him.

'And I am chopped liver?' Stephen asked.

'Fine, second most wonderful after Stephen.' She looked back grinning at him. 'Do you have beer? Or wine? Or vodka?'

'I had Laura pick up vodka cranberry spritzers for you they're in the fridge they are pink and flowery so I'm not gonna touch them,' Clint informed her 'but I think you will enjoy it if not we got the straight stuff to.'

'You look like you have been through hell what happened?' Clint asked as the kids started piling on food. He got her a drink in the kitchen.

'I don't wanna talk about it I just wanna enjoy the day with you your family and Stephen and Peter.'

"Cheers to that.' he clinked his beer bottle with her can. She took a long much needed sip.

'This spritzer are pretty good, I'd add a little bit more vodka but you know me.' she told him, 'Hey, thanks for making today so perfect.'

'Thanks for coming I miss my best friend.'