121. A trick and I failed

Wanda was lost in her world and in her grief and she truly believes what the Darkhold has shown her can be hers.

"Everything I lost can be mine again." She used her blind faith as an excuse for all the hurt and chaos she causes to get what she wanted. She didn't care who she hurt as long as she got her children in the end.

When they woke they were in cages, Dr. Christine Palmer was watching them, observing them.

'Fucking hell I can't escape her in any reality.' Kat muttered. Christine looked at Kat curiously, before turning back to her computer, America was already pounding on her cell to no use, kat looked around, what was this place? Why was she here? Kat was not a fragile woman but constantly having to up with your fiancés ex in all universes, that could make any sane woman a little bit crazy. A lot crazy.

'Well this is great. I feel like I'm competing with every version of your first love. This is great. Really great.' Kat snapped, banging her fists on the containment walls.

'Christine?' Stephen questioned. 'what are you doing here?'

'She's not your Christine,' kat told him

'I know shes not my- that was a trick question and i failed.' Stephen remarked

'Yep.' Kat said accentuating the P as she spoke.

'I am the lead scientist in charge of the study of the multiverse.' She told them.

'you alright America?' kat questioned trying to get her mind off of the Christine in front of them.

'What's going on kat?' America questioned frantically.

'stephen, bipidty bopity boo us out of here!' kat demanded. Stephen raised his hands but they were cuffed, magical charms on them. he couldn't use access his abilities.

'Power dampener cuff.' Christine told him.

'I don't think I like this Christine.' Kat remarked.

'I'm not the bad guy here.' Stephen told her. 'we are trying to save the multiverse.'

'yeah, Chrissy, let us out so we can save the fucking multiverse!' kat shouted banging against the walls. They had taken her bracelets they were sitting on a metal tray, being scanned. 'hell no!' kat shouted. 'don't you fucking touch those!'

'We need to get out of here. Wanda, the scarlet witch she is dangerous.' Stephen told Christine.

'You Stephen Strange are dangerous.' Christine corrected.

'The illuminati will see you now.'

'Are those Ultron bots?' kat questioned. 'fucking hell this universe.' Kat muttered. Her hands were chained as her and Stephen were released from their cages. Kat held out her hand the bracelets flew to her bound hands, wrapping around her wrists discreetly.

'Keep that girl safe!' Stephen called as him and kat were guided to the council.

Peggy carter the first avenger, captain marvel, mordo, black bolt, mr fantastic reed Richards... kat was distracted by peggy when they came in. peggy was the first avenger? What about steve? No steve rogers in this universe? Then professor Charles Xavier rolled in and kats jaw dropped. That man was merely a comic book character in her universe and yet here he was. Real. Breathing. Staring down at her.

'You are in the presence of the illuminati council.'

'we are thoroughly impressed.' Kat told them. 'although Johnny storm was always my favorite... hes not lurking around here is he?' they were not amused. 'Right, okay. But honestly we have bigger things to worry about right now then meeting your little herd of supers.'

'Stephen strange is dangerous. No matter the universe. Stephen strange is cocky and arrogant and not to be trusted.''

'I mean-' kat said with a grin.

'kat.' Stephen warned.

'I saw the statue dedicated to your Stephen... didn't seem like that bad of a guy?' kat suggested

'Your stephen strange was a hero.' Stephen reminded him. 'wanda, the scarlet witch is coming and I might be the only one able to stop her. if I could just look at your dark hold-'

'our Stephen wanted the dark hold to defeat thanos.' Peggy told him and Charles Xavier placed his hands on his temple transporting them back into a memory.

Stephens hands were blackened from the dark hold. He sat on his knees before the council.

'I understand,' he told them. judgement had been made. Although Thanos was defeated the toll the dark hold took on Stephen, this Stephen was changing him.

'I'm sorry,' black bolt said, his voice echoing in stephens head, killing him. They were pulled back into the room, the council sitting before them.

'that wont happen to me.' Stephen assured them. 'I just want to help. To save the multiverse. Wanda is coming.'

'stephen can do this. He is different from your Stephen.' Kat assured.

'The scarlet witch is coming-'

'she is already here.' Captain marvel informed them.

'You cant win. She will kill you.' Kat told them as Peggy, captain marvel, black bolt and Reed Richards got up.

'I think you will find us greater than one witch.' Peggy told her walking off.

'shes more powerful than any of you!' kat called after them. 'she will kill you all! You need us!' but they believed themselves to be better, they were the illuminati after all. 'she enslaved a whole town, she burned kamar taj to the ground, she travels the multiverse through dream walking, causing chaos in her wake! your people stand no chance against her.'

Professor Charles Xavier still had faith in Stephen strange, even though this strange was a stranger he still saw the good.

"Just because someone stumbles and loses their way, doesn't mean they are lost forever," he said before rolling off to try and defeat wanda himself.

'you cant just keep us here!' kat demanded, her bracelets working away at the magical binds.

'We need to get ahold of the book of vashanti. We can stop wanda once we have that.' Stephen informed him.

'we will decide your fate when the council returns.' Mordo told them.

'they are not coming back.' Stephen added.

'youre friends are already dead.' Kat confirmed. Wanda was too close to not be drastic.

'then I shall decide your fate right now.' mordo said jumping down from his podium and landing in front of Stephen. Stephens hands still bound he tried to fight mordo. Kats bracelets snapped her restraints and she blasted mordo. He stumped back, shooting at Stephen, he broke off one of the cuffs. Stephen attacked the cuff to mordo before sending them both over the edge. Kat ran to them looking down to see them dangling, the cuff broke free them, they landed on the ground with a thud.

'hurry it up honey.' Kat said impatiently as the sounds of screams echoed.