144. Donny Blaze

'For my next illusion, the great Donny Blaze needs assistance from a volunteer.'

'Ooh!' Madisynn declared her drink spilling as she rose her hand excitedly. 'Oh!'

'Miss, if you may. Round of applause.' Donny said as she made her way onto the stage. 'And what is your name, young lady?'

'Madisynn,' she slurred 'with two N's, one Y, but it's not where you think.' She declared raising her drink up her friends cheered in agreement.

'Well, as the great Billy Shakes once said, "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet." Ah! Donny Blaze!' he made a few roses appear but Madisynn was not impressed neither was the audience murmured quietly bored.

'Do the thing. Do the thing. Do it, do it, do it.' Donny's manager declared.

'How about I try something with a little more heat?' he grabbed his sling ring trying to connect with the mystic arts. Slowly sparks appeared. 'Come on. Please, please, please. Come on. Please. Come on.' he begged as sparks became a portal the crowd gasped a round of applause as they looked at the magical doorway behind Madisynn.

'Donny Blaze!' Donny declared.

'FYI, these don't smell like anything.' Madisynn said smelling the fake flowers with annoyance before she turned around 'Ew!' she declared seeing the creatures behind her.

Wong was startled up as a portal formed him his home in Nepal.

'Oh. Where am I? What happened to all the goblins? Who are you? Are you the goblin king?' Madisynn questioned wong.

'No, I'm not.' Wong said confused as a very tispy woman stumbled around his home. 'Where did you come from?'

'I grew up in Fort Lauderdale, but now my dad lives in Phoenix with his new family, so I go there sometimes. He married this woman...'

'Did a cut-rate magician send you?' Wong clarified

'Um, not exactly. He sent me to a diff dimensh and a talking goat helped me escape a lava pit in exchange for six drops of my blood. Oop.' She said plopping down on his cough. 'Then I kinda like browned out and now I'm here.'

'Yeah. Okay, no, no, no. I'm gonna send you home. What's your address?' Wong said immediately ready to get rid of her.

'I don't even remember.' Madisynn said with a gaps 'Wait. This is the one where they kill Adriana. It was so sad.' Wong's face dropped as he looked back at her.

'You just ruined it.'

'I cried for three days.' She told him.

'Donny Blaze is going to pay for this.'

+

'Hey, hey. They're airing your interview again.' Nikki said coming into Jen's office. "and I found your friend being harassed by mr douchbag.'

"Hey.' Kat said following Nikki in. 'The guys here are worse than the compound and we had Hydra agents previously.' Kat informed her.

"Welcome to my own personal Hell.' Jen told her.

'I think you should watch this time.' Nikki encouraged and Kat's face pinched.

"I do not think you should watch it, it is...' Kat shook her head.

'My client's name is Emil Blonsky.' Jen on the tv said.

'Okay. We have got to get you some new clothes." Nikki remarked and kat looked in between the interview Jen and the real life Jen.

"Do you only own none outfit?" Kat questioned.

'There's a very limited selection of clothing that fits my body.' Jen told them

'Clearly.' Nikki agreed

'How did you come up with the name She-Hulk?' the interviewer asked

'You ding-dongs dubbed me that.' Jen spat as tv her answered very politely.

'Funny story, I didn't.' Tv jen said as a portal opened and Wong stepped out.

'Ms. Walters, I have a legal situation of the greatest importance.' Wong said before staring at Kat.

"Of course you have a problem.' Kat said smugly.

'Okay. Good luck with that, Jen. Nice to see you again, Wong.' Nikki said heading out.

"You see if you had listened to bruce wong would be in deep shit all the time.' Kat told her as they took a seat. 'and here I thought I would be needing a lawyer.' She mused.

'How can I help you?'

'I'm having an issue with a "magician." Notice how I used the word "magician" in quotes.' Wong told her annoyed.

'I did, yes.' Jen agreed.

'I like magic,' Kat told her. 'the fake kind, its fun, misdirection and illusions.'

'Kat, this is important.'

'Then stop using air quotes like a middle schooler.' Kat countered.

'It's because he's not an actual magician.' He clarified her.

'Still entertaining.' Kat murmured.

'This charlatan goes by the name of Donny Blaze. He's a former student of the Mystic Arts but he was kicked out after a week when he summoned three kegs and his former fraternity brother Ky-Dog to Kamar-Taj. He's now performing cheap human tricks here in Los Angeles at the "Mystic Castle." Notice how I...'

'Not mystic.' Kat and jen echoed.

'Not a castle. Got it.' Jen went on as she took note.

'Recently, Donny has been using our sacred teachings in his shows, sending volunteers into other realms for casual fun. But he barely has a grasp of the basics of inter-dimensional portaling. Practicing the Mystic Arts without proper training not only endangers people, it risks untangling the material and astral planes.' Wong went on.

"You really are failing at sorcerer supreme.' Kat mused. 'I mean don't you take the sling rings back? That would have solved something right? He wouldn't be able to access it.' Wong stared at her, if only they were that organized to just take sling rings back.

'I need to make an example of Donny Blaze. Set a precedent that no unlicensed persons ever attempt to practice the Mystic Arts again.'

'This might be pretty straightforward. Did Mr. Blaze sign an NDA or a non-compete?' Jen questioned.

'No.' Wong answered

'Was there a contract when he began training?'

'Students pledge themselves to be loyal servants of the Mystic Arts.'

'And did you get that in writing?'

'No.' wong answered

"They waved their hands around and say a little prayer.' Kat corrected. 'no paper work, wong would have to stop watching his soaps and-'

'Why didn't you tell me not to get attached to-' Wong began.

'I don't watch things that are not bloody and gory or lacking in Tom hardy.' Kat reminded him.

'Ms. Walters, we answer to a higher power that abides by the metaphysical laws of the time-space continuum.'

'Sure. But this is the American legal system. No judge is gonna take this seriously unless we do things by the book.' Jen told him

'Oh, The Book of Vishanti.' Wong nodded in agreement and kat doubled over in laughter.

'No, the book of American laws.' Jen corrected with a groan. 'Do you want to leave your information with me this time?'

'Yeah leave a card Wong.' Kat agreed.

'Oh! Okay, that's very good.' Jen said as he held out a blank business card and words magically appeared.

'Cheap human tricks.' Wong said stubbornly.

"I like cheap human tricks,' Kat said following wong out.