122. Space between universes

'Get me out. Get me out!' America demanded as Christine tried to open the cage but wandas magic was screwing up the systems. Uselessly Christine took a fire extinguisher, slamming it into the wall. Wanda got closer and closer, her face bleeding her feet bare, fire in her eyes. Charles rolled forward while America sent a punch to the cage, a star shaped crack, broke the cage.

Charles accessed her mind, finding the true wanda trapped but wanda was even more powerful than the great charles Xavier. Wanda killed charles while america got away. sprinting down the halls when a shadow came approaching down the hall. Christine and America froze until they saw a second shadow.

'America!" kat declared hugging her. 'lets get out of here.' Kat informed them.

'Do you know where the book of vashanti if?' Stephen asked Christine as they ran. She was hesitant to answer.

'CHRISTINE!' kat demanded taking her shoulder in her hands and shaking Christine. 'we are all going to die! You hear me? we are all going to die!' kat shouted. 'stephen is our only hope. I don't care your feelings towards the last Stephen but this Stephen is good. He is good and he wants to help so if you don't want to die-'

'Stephen had to be the one holding the knife and that knife killed millions.' Christine told them.

'It doesnt matter about your stephen this stephen is different.' America told her.

'alright ,' christine agreed. Leading them down passageways under the building and under the river they moved quickly, wanda was quickly catching up to them. but this body, this wanda was injured. Limping quickly to get to them.

Door after door, Christine slammed shut but door after door Wanda ripped through. Then there was silence, they turned thinking for a moment maybe he was stuck but wanda appeared in front of them. bloodied and furious.

'I warned you.' Wanda scorned

'Other wanda if youre in there... hold your breathe.' Stephen flooded the area pushing them forward trapping wanda behind them.

They got to the door and Stephen looked to it confused for a moment.

'stephen was the only one that ever got in it.' Christine told them. so Stephen focused, magically spinning the door, trying to break the charm but nothing happened. 'it had to be something specific to Stephen.' Christine told him. Kat examined the door, the wheel, she ran her fingers along it.

'what does that look like to you?' kat questioned and Christine pulled out his watch from her pocket. It had been confiscated when they arrived. Stephen looked to kat, she was trying very hard not to be annoyed but her face clenched as he took it from Christine. He was wearing it to christines wedding. It had been go, go, go since then... stephen put the watch in the center of the wheel and it unlocked, he spun it open.

Stephen floated down, this was the place from his dream. Where other him and America were attacked.

'Jump kat. Ill catch you.' Stephen called from below. Kat jumped down, Stephen caught her on the spinning platform, floating in the middle of space. America jumped down rolling to a stop while Christine stumbled about trying to get her footing.

'Gap junction. The space between universes.' Christine told them.

'Stephen.' Kat nodded to the book of Vashanti.

'Alright book, give me what I need.' Stephen grabbed it as wanda came down pulling America back. Wanda sent Stephen, Kat and chrstine flying, clutching on the floating platform as wanda destroyed the book of vashanti. A terrified america still in wandas grasp, wanda used Americas magic, used her as a siphon once again to open a portal leaving Wanda's other body. The portal closed behind them. Trapping stephen and kat and Christine in the other dimension.