148. I like that better

'Bruce messaged and said-'

'What did bruce say!' Kat demanded

'That you might need a friend.' Clint said slowly 'whats going on?'

'Nothing. I'm fine.' kat lied

'Bruce seemed like-'

'"Im Totes cool bra" kat said and scrunched up her face what even did she say?

'Kat?' Clint questioned

'Love you bye!' Kat said hanging up the phone. Yep that was chill not weird at all kat told herself as she looked around.

Ten minutes later, she was rearranging all the books on her bookshelf for absolutely no reason as reruns of Game of thrones play as background noise. she decided poetry should go toward the top, romance in the middle, and thrillers toward the bottom. Why? No idea. Her attempt to forget the past twenty-four hours is short lived when she heard a knock on the door.

Swinging the door open, Clint stands, an ice latte in hand and the type of smile that would make someone think he stops by unannounced all the time. Which he did, she was actually surprised he knocked.

"What are you doing here?" Kat asked.

"Well, it's nice to see you too," Clint said, stepping past her.

"Sorry, I didn't mean it like that," Kat said immediately. "You just took me by surprise." he made his way to the living room and pauses at the entrance, taking in the sight before him. Stacks of books are all over the floor, in no particular order. Some piles are by color, others by genre, and a few by size.

"Oh my," Clint remarked. "I guess I stopped by at the right time."

"What do you mean?" Kat asked.

"Katlin," he said, meandering through the stacks to sit on the couch, "you and I both know you only do this when you're in your feelings about something." Kat scoffed and rolled her eyes at him. She would open her mouth to deny it, but Clint knew Kat too well.

They sipped their drinks in silence for a stretch of time, the two of them quite comfortable in each other's company without feeling the need to speak.

"Don't say anything." Kat remarked grabbing the test she had hidden under the sink. She came back and handed it to him.
"KAT!" He shouted. "You are finally making me an uncle!"

"What the fuck did I just say about don't say anything?" Kat hissed.

"Stephen doesn't-'

'NO!'

"You told bruce before me?" Clint asked accusatorily.

"NO! I didn't I just said I might be. Technically you are the first with confirmation." Kat told him.

+

"Hey Kat?' she spun around. "whats going on?"

"Nothing.' She said much to quickly.
"You are reorganizing books," Stephen informed her.

"I wanted to change things up." Kat lied.

"You loved your organization system. Last time you organized it you put it back to the way it was after three days because and I quote,' stephen said clearing his throat. "Rainbow shelves a pretty but impractical. I cant find anything."

"I stand by that logic.' Kat told him as he sat down next to her. "What have you been up to?" Kat countered.

"A surpirse.'

Dear God he knows.

"A surprise?" Kat questioned nervously.

"Yep. I will show you tomorrow." Stephen told her. "Now whats going on?"

"I will tell you tomorrow." Kat countered and Stephen chuckled as she leaned into him.

"Are you done with Wong's drama?" Stephen pondered.

"I am. Totally am." Kat confirmed. "Sorry, one last hurrah I suppose."

"One last hurrah?' Stephen questioned.

"You know before I retire for good." Kat offered.

"I don't think you will ever be retired." Stephen told her.

"I think we should get a cat." Kat offered.

"I was thinking an expansion of our little family as well." Stephen admitted giving her a kiss.

"Can we watch Peaky blinders?" kat offered turning on the Tv.

"You mean skip over all the scenes without Tom hardy so I have no idea whats going on." Stephen countered.

"What if we skip the first season-'

"You always do, you hate Grace.'

"Grace is a bitch." Kat confirmed. "Breaking Tommy's heart. You are not missing anything."
"Alright," Stephen agreed.

"And I don't skip anything except his false death because that made me cry."

"I love you." Stephen told her kissing her again.
"Or we don't watch tv and you keep kissing him." Kat suggested. "I like that better.'

"Me too."