Chapter 13

Eden was practically dragged painfully down the stone hallway. Eden tried to see if there was a possible way out but all she could make out was dimly lit torches and the occasional archway but who knows where they led.

"Hurry up." Cassius spat as they approached an archway and once again Eden was painfully yanked forward. "Stop it! You're hurting me!" Eden gasped as she was pulled into a strange looking chamber. It was mostly empty except for a wooden table with what looked like wooden swords and clubs.

"Cassius! Leave her be, I'll take it from here!" Abraxas was suddenly at Cassius's side and took the end of the chain from him. 

"Go terrorize some low ranks or something." Cassius growled as he left the chamber. 

"Abraxas!" Eden gasped as she rubbed her aching wrist. "What is going on? Where am I now?"

Abraxas took a breath before answering. "We're in the Training Cavern. I…I've been ordered to give you a quick training session before tomorrow."

Eden gulped as she watched Abraxas hook the chain to a loop on the wall. "What are you training me for?" 

"I'll be teaching you basic defense and attack maneuvers so you will hopefully be able to survive tomorrow's fight."

"What the hell are you saying?"  Eden snapped. 

"You're going to be fighting in Gehenna Coliseum for the denizens of Hell's entertainment…."

Eden sank to her knees and stared at the ring on her finger. "I'm sorry Eden, I tried to talk Hastur out of it but…."

"Forget it." Eden replied, her voice devoid of emotion. "Just give me a wooden sword."