Chapter 37

"Come on Eden, get up!" Gabriel rasped, not daring to take his purple eyes from the TV screen. Asmodeus, the demon of Lust himself, was fighting Eden today. And Eden was already an absolute mess.

The humanoid red devil, complete with two horns that pointed straight up into the sky like two dark red spears; had raked his claws across Eden's back. The crowd cheered at the sight, satisfied that first blood had finally been drawn. 

Asmodeus had taken his time with the Abomination. He started by punching her right in the face once he disarmed her, sending her rusty sword and bin lid shield flying into the powdered snow.

Eden stared at her right hand as tears fell from her eyes. Her engagement ring was covered in blood. She wanted to be with her Archangel so badly….but it seemed she was doomed to be ripped to pieces over and over while her parents and Gabriel were at Alighieri…..

"Oh come now!" Asmodeus scoffed. "Surely the great and mighty Champion isn't already defeated?" 

When he got no response he continued, "Get up Abomination! Your parents and that Archangel are watching and it's no fun if you don't try to fight back!"

"T-They're watching….?"

Asmodeus scoffed as his hands became alight with Hellfire. "Just hold still-"

A burst of blue flame made Asmodeus jerk backwards in surprise. A snow white serpent, with black scales dotting its sleek body here and there was hissing and snarling at him in fury.

"No more." The serpent rasped as she lunged forward, her hooked fangs burying themselves in Asmodeus's side.