Chapter 48

"Keep your head down." Abraxas whispered harshly as he ushered his four companions inside. Eden lowered her head, obeying Abraxas. The inn was aptly named The Devil's Maw and Eden already knew what kind of place it was going to be.

Eden didn't really listen to the conversation that Abraxas was having with the innkeeper who was a rather nasty looking Glabrezu….even nastier looking than Judas and Cassius combined. 

She instinctively shifted closer to Raguel. Raguel was also hidden under his own smoky gray cloak. An Archangel would be easy to spot here so he had to be careful. Hellraiser blinked up at her, his blue gaze put her at ease.

"Now you get some rest Eden." Raguel said as Eden sat on the rickety bed in the room Abraxas had just got for them. "I'll prepare you a meal when you wake up."

"They have room service here?" Eden perked up for a second. 

"I'm afraid not." Raguel replied sadly. "There's no food here, I'll have to use the food we packed."

"That's fine." Eden said. "It's scrummy." Eden snuggled against Hellraiser's warm black fur when he jumped into the bed next to her. 

"Good night Raguel, or good morning.  It's hard to say really." Eden murmured as she started to drift off to sleep.

"Good night Eden." Raguel replied,  hoping fervently that Abraxas and Brutus were safe.