Chapter 82

The first thing Eden became aware of was warmth. She was finally warm again and surrounded by softness. She felt someone stroke her cheek gently. "Eden?" 

"Gabriel?" Eden rasped as she opened her eyes, she smiled instantly at the sight of Gabriel's concerned purple gaze. 

"Eden, you're awake." said Gabriel as he beamed at Eden's smile. 

"Where are we?" asked Eden as she rubbed her eyes. 

"We're at the Falls, and you're safe. That's all that matters." 

Eden snuggled into Gabriel's broad chest, breathing in his sweet scent. "I'm glad you're safe too." 

The two of them didn't know how long they lay there in their bed, Gabriel hugging her close and Eden snuggling close to her Archangel when they heard the sound of the bedroom door creaking open. The couple looked up and saw Aziraphale peek his head in.

"Little One! You're awake!" Aziraphale turned his head and called out, "Crowley! She's awake!" 

"Hi Papa!" Eden said happily as Aziraphale dashed to the bedside. "How are you feeling love?" Aziraphale asked as Gabriel helped her to sit up.  

"I feel…better." Eden replied. "Still a little weak though." 

"You will be for awhile, but you'll be alright my love." Aziraphale reassured as Crowley dashed into the room. "Queenie!" 

"Daddy! OOF!" Eden gasped as Crowley yanked her into a fierce hug. "My baby…" Crowley rasped softly. "We've been so worried." 

"Aw, a little cold ain't nothing." Eden murmured nonchalantly, although she could tell by the look her parents shared whatever she was recovering from must have been pretty serious. 

"Where are the others?" Eden asked as Gabriel helped her to lie back down. She didn't protest due to tiredness. 

"Abraxas and Raguel are sharing the guestroom and Hellraiser has been staying in the family room with Star, the two of them seem to get along well." 

"And Brutus? What about Brutus?" 

"I'm sorry Little One, he didn't make it." Aziraphale said sadly. Eden seemed to crumble at the words. She curled up next to Gabriel who hugged her tightly. 

Aziraphale resumed fussing over the couple, making sure they were warm enough until finally Crowley led him out of the bedroom so the angel could rest on the couch in the family room. 

"Crowley, they might need some more blankets, and  Eden will need something warm to drink…and Bella needs to be notified that Eden has regained consciousness. I need to call her and make an appointment…"

"I'll do all of that angel, but first you need to rest." Crowley tucked Aziraphale in, then kissed him on the cheek. "You're wonderful Crowley…" Aziraphale murmured as he drifted off to sleep. 

Once Crowley made sure that Aziraphale was fast asleep, Crowley rasped. "May you dream of whatever you like best my angel." Crowley then whipped out his cell phone….