Chapter 84

"I don't know….maybe this was a bad idea…" Eden's muffled voice said as it came from the fitting room.

"I'm sure it turned out wonderful my dear, but we won't know until you show us and we take a look ourselves." Eden, with the help of Crowley's extensive knowledge of feminine fashion and styles helped Eden commission a wedding dress. Crowley had insisted on this because he wanted nothing but the best for his little girl. 

"Queenie, come on. We designed the dress ourselves, I'm sure it's fine and if not we'll talk with the seamstress and make changes. Now, get out here, I'm dying to see you in the dress!"  

After a moment of hesitation, the fitting room door creaked open and out stepped Eden.

The dress was white as snow with floral lace, with roses embroidered in the fabric; frilly boho sleeves and a modest V neckline.

“Oh my….” said Aziraphale.

“Nghk.” said Crowley.

“What?” said Eden. “Is it too much? Not enough? Does it make me look fat? Oh, I knew I should have picked one from that catalog….”

“Darling, hush.” Aziraphale rasped as he touched Eden’s cheek. “You look absolutely beautiful.” 

“Really?” 

“Yeah.” Crowley’s voice cracked. “Beautiful and all grown up.” 

Eden smiled. “Do….do you think Gabriel will think the same when he finally sees me in this?”

“If he doesn’t I’ll kick his ass.” Crowley said matter of factly.

“None of that now Crowley.” Aziraphale scolded. “Here Little One, let’s try on the Flower Vine.”

 Eden sat on a nearby stool as Crowley removed her tartan bow barrette, set it aside and began to style her hair. Once her curls were somewhat presentable, Aziraphale and Crowley both wove the flower vine in Eden’s dark red curls.

Eden examined the flower vine in her hair. The silver wire was decorated with beads designed to look like flowers. Roses. As Eden and Crowley had commissioned. 

“Absolutely beautiful sweetpea.” Aziraphale said as Crowley simply started to cry. 

“Oh please don’t cry Daddy…or I’ll start crying and it’s just going to be a mess…”

“I’m afraid it’s too late for that Little One.” Aziraphale replied tearfully as the trio embraced.